Compare OVO Energy vs Octopus Energy BETASee how working at OVO Energy vs. Octopus Energy compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at OVO Energy vs. Octopus Energy. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Octopus Energy scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Free breakfast" was the most mentioned Pro at OVO Energy.
- "Team leaders" was the most mentioned Pro at Octopus Energy.
- "Ovo" was the most mentioned Con at OVO Energy.
- "Customer service" was the most mentioned Con at Octopus Energy.
I have been working at OVO Energy full-time for more than a year
- Culture - Plan Zero mission, everyone working towards the same goal in combating climate change - Trust in employees to do their job - Rewards
Unable to be in the office at the moment due to COVID!
I have been working at Octopus Energy full-time
Working for Octopus Energy is a great opportunity to learn about a ground-breaking part of the Green Energy Industry. The passion, intelligence and charisma of the work place in infectious. You... are trained on the job and will learn a lot from day one. Once you are in a team, there will be consan chances to learn, develop, and take on roles outside your standard daily work. If you are interested in something in the business, there is always the chance to explore this in one form or another if you make your voice heard. One of the best things about working in Operations is that there everyone is genuinely aiming to improve and make the office a better, more inclusive place to work- although it is not perfect, they are striving towards that.
You do go through times are extreme business and hard work- the business ebbs and flows throughout the month, and seasonal so you need to be prepared for fast changes of pace and workload. Pay is... adjusted on an ad hoc basis pay reviews are not automatic or linked to titles, but based on employee request. This is sometimes frustrating or slow.