Compare Oracle vs MathWorks BETASee how working at Oracle vs. MathWorks compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Oracle vs. MathWorks. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- MathWorks scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Oracle had 1,294 more reviews than MathWorks that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "No hikes" was the most mentioned Con at Oracle.
- "Work from home" was the most mentioned Con at MathWorks.
I have been working at MathWorks full-time for less than a year
1. Good benefits including health insurance, gym membership, etc 2. Competitive salary in the Boston area 3. Good company location with nice buildings and facilities 4. Lovely onsite cafeteria
1. Technology mostly internal and different from "industry norms", and might take a while for new employees to get familiar with
Advice to Management
I have an awesome manager who really cares about my growth. Overall I'd say the company management is very well balanced, not too much and not too little. Maybe it'll be nice if the management can... help speed up the progress of updating some technology used at the company.