Compare Oxford University vs University of Cambridge BETASee how working at Oxford University vs. University of Cambridge compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Oxford University vs. University of Cambridge. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Oxford University scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
- University of Cambridge scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Oxford University had 5 more reviews than University of Cambridge that mentioned "Working environment" as a Pro.
- University of Cambridge had 13 more reviews than Oxford University that mentioned "Flexible working hours" as a Pro.
- University of Cambridge had 3 more reviews than Oxford University that mentioned "Low salary" as a Con.
I have been working at Oxford University full-time for more than a year
Oxford academic environment, abundant state of the art technologies
Academia is a broken system in which PIs aren't truly accountable to anyone and can work largely with impunity
I have been working at University of Cambridge full-time
Learn lots of techniques Lots of opportunities for collaboration
Competitive Depends entirely on your supervisor and department