Compare QinetiQ vs Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics BETASee how working at QinetiQ vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at QinetiQ vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- QinetiQ scored higher in 7 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics scored higher in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Interesting work" was the most mentioned Pro at QinetiQ.
- "Middle management" was the most mentioned Con at QinetiQ.
I worked at QinetiQ full-time for more than a year
Training and development is very good.
Can’t think of anything really.
I worked at Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics full-time
- State of the art research facilities - Extremely bright and talented scientists (for the most part) - An illustrious selection of world-class seminar speakers - Beautiful city, great for... people who like nature, forests, hiking, skiing.
- Recurring issues with scientific misconduct - Mobbing and bullying of grad students by senior faculty will not be investigated. If reported, the messenger might be punished - Depending on PI,... extremely long working hours and weekend work. This point is debatable, since most scientists love their jobs and don't mind the overtime. - Barely any industry networking events and skill building workshop to prepare people for industry. The sole purpose of this institute is to build future leaders in academia.
Advice to Management
- Comply to work law and the official MPG standards for ethical research. - Let go PIs, who bully their staff.