Compare Ricardo vs Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics BETASee how working at Ricardo vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Ricardo vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Ricardo scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Ricardo.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at Ricardo.
I have been working at Ricardo full-time for less than a year
Overall I have had a really positive experience working for Ricardo. They offer flexible hours which has been really great as it allows me to work at a time that suits me. Since joining the team I... have been welcomed by everyone and been given opportunities to learn new skills and take part in new projects everyday.
I have not experienced anything negative at Ricardo.
I worked at Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics full-time
- State of the art research facilities - Extremely bright and talented scientists (for the most part) - An illustrious selection of world-class seminar speakers - Beautiful city, great for... people who like nature, forests, hiking, skiing.
- Recurring issues with scientific misconduct - Mobbing and bullying of grad students by senior faculty will not be investigated. If reported, the messenger might be punished - Depending on PI,... extremely long working hours and weekend work. This point is debatable, since most scientists love their jobs and don't mind the overtime. - Barely any industry networking events and skill building workshop to prepare people for industry. The sole purpose of this institute is to build future leaders in academia.
Advice to Management
- Comply to work law and the official MPG standards for ethical research. - Let go PIs, who bully their staff.