Compare SCA vs Advanced BETASee how working at SCA vs. Advanced compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at SCA vs. Advanced. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- SCA scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Advanced scored higher in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Advanced had 21 more reviews than SCA that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Advanced had 12 more reviews than SCA that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at SCA.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at Advanced.
I have been working at SCA full-time for less than a year
Decent pay, outstanding pension (they add up to 10%!), great set of work collegues, the company seems to take care of you more then any other sawmill company i have worked for in the UK, giving out... gifts like sainsburys gift cards during corona virus, my manager M.George is a good bloke, you can talk to him. I'm glad i moved over to this company last year.
PPE is not that good ie anti cut gloves only, which are good for changing cutter blocks on the moulders but not anything else, so when you are on the infeed of machines putting timber in the rubber... coating lasts about 15 mins before it is completely worn off and you get massive amount of splinters in your hands and fingers. Targets are quite high, not really attainable most of the time as they They work off m3 instead of metres. They need to work off metres because when you get thin boards how the heck are you supposed to get the target compared to when you have larger boards.
Advice to Management
Sort out the targets, set to METRES not M3!