Compare Salesforce vs VMware BETASee how working at Salesforce vs. VMware compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Salesforce vs. VMware. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Salesforce scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
- VMware scored higher in 4 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Salesforce.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at VMware.
- "Big company" was the most mentioned Con at Salesforce.
- "Middle management" was the most mentioned Con at VMware.
I have been working at VMware full-time for less than a year
VMware is one of those companies that really give you a sense of job satisfaction as they don't just talk the talk but also walk the walk which is evident in their great EPIC2 culture. Good salaries,... benefits, career and personal development programs are amongst one of the best on offer in the industry. I have thoroughly enjoyed everyday since I joined as you are exposed to great products and services which are very good for one's resume. Despite Pat Gelsinger leaving as CEO, I still believe the future is very bright for the company.
Workload can be a bit overwhelming sometimes and training/ enablement initiatives can be a bit overwhelming as there is just too many on offer. I want to believe career progression is based on merit... and down to one's hardwork but I sense there could be a bit of politics and favoritism in some quarters. There could be an improvement in Diversity, Equality and inclusion especially within senior and executive management positions.
Advice to Management
There are a lot of seriously hardworking unsung heroes that are going everyday unnoticed and not getting the recognition and reward they deserve. They may not be Sales focused megastars but are... hard grafters so it would be great to see more drive by management in seeking out such individuals and duly rewarding them for their efforts.