Compare Skipton Building Society vs Lloyds Banking Group BETASee how working at Skipton Building Society vs. Lloyds Banking Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Skipton Building Society vs. Lloyds Banking Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Skipton Building Society scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Lloyds Banking Group scored higher in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- Lloyds Banking Group had 321 more reviews than Skipton Building Society that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Leeds" was the most mentioned Con at Skipton Building Society.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Con at Lloyds Banking Group.
I have been working at Skipton Building Society full-time for less than a year
The people here are great. It's a very open and supportive culture, and people do seem to genuinely care, rather than just making the right noises. Also, for a 'traditional' institution like a... Building Society there is a decent pace of adoption for new ways of working and new tech.
The pure financial benefits aren't great, but I would say that's offset by the working environment. There's a lot to be said for being happy in your role vs a few percent more on your salary offer.... If you end up not enjoying your job I can't imagine you would stay here for money.
Advice to Management
Having a smaller, better paid workforce would be a good thing to aim for. The tools we're using also allow us to locate people more widely across the region or country, so lets use that opportunity... rather than having 1,000's of people working in Skipton because that's how we've always done it.