Compare Sky vs BBC BETASee how working at Sky vs. BBC compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Sky vs. BBC. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Sky scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- BBC scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Sky.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at BBC.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Sky.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Con at BBC.
I have been working at Sky full-time for more than a year
The progression is fantastic. The benefits are great. The culture is super inclusive. If you work hard and meet your kpi’s then nothing can stop you from progressing further to different roles... out-with the contact centre.
Time management and productivity is everything so if you can’t stay on task and keep to the schedule then this environment isn’t for you. Customers and managers can be challenging so you need to be... resilient or be ready to build resilience.
Advice to Management
There needs to be consistency at management level- there are far too many discrepancies between how individuals are managed and supported. Having a good leader is vital to keeping attrition low but... a lot of your managers are too complacent after having their jobs for 5/10/15 years.