Compare SolarCity vs Sunrun BETASee how working at SolarCity vs. Sunrun compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at SolarCity vs. Sunrun. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- SolarCity scored higher in 1 area: Culture & Values.
- Sunrun scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- "Great company" was the most mentioned Pro at SolarCity.
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Sunrun.
- SolarCity had 70 more reviews than Sunrun that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Sunrun full-time
Uncapped commission, company provides you leads and you present and close. Commission structure is built for volume. If you are a top performer you will make more than 200k a year, the highest... earners get close to 500k but there are not many of us.
Your work never leaves you alone ( you will be dealing with clients 24/7), micromanaging, constant pointless company meetings (15+ a week). You will need to be on top of your business and all your... projects to make sure they don't get screwed up (meaning you will be managing 40-60 projects each month as they go through the process of being installed). You will work 60+ hours a week if you want to make serious money.
Advice to Management
stop with your pointless trainings. Let the sales professionals go out and sell. If you are constantly having to train your staff that are not exceeding expectations then fire them and hire strong... sales reps. As for the strong sales reps we are taken away form selling with your pointless meetings.