Compare Southwest Airlines vs Great Western Railway BETASee how working at Southwest Airlines vs. Great Western Railway compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Southwest Airlines vs. Great Western Railway. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Southwest Airlines scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Great Western Railway scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- Both tied in 1 area: Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Southwest Airlines.
- "Free travel" was the most mentioned Pro at Great Western Railway.
- "Mandatory overtime" was the most mentioned Con at Southwest Airlines.
- "Shift work" was the most mentioned Con at Great Western Railway.
I have been working at Southwest Airlines full-time for more than 5 years
While no company is perfect, Southwest as a whole strives to be perfect and that speaks volumes. This company values you as a person and wants to make sure you are happy. The heart of Herb Kelleher... and Colleen Barrett still beats strong at Southwest.
I honestly can't think of any for my department.
Advice to Management
The only thing I would offer is to take time to see what the everyday worker is doing. Walking a mile in someone's shoes does a lot for developing empathy and creating trust.