Compare TTP vs Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics BETASee how working at TTP vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at TTP vs. Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- TTP scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Employee ownership" was the most mentioned Pro at TTP.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Con at TTP.
I have been working at TTP full-time for more than 10 years
The best bits about TTP are the people and the freedom. It's hard to imagine there is a greater concentration of 'world-class' scientists, designers, and engineers. Aside from making the work... environment stimulating and fun, this means we get to work on some great projects. Added to this, the freedom to pursue one's own interests is genuine.
The lack of structure means it can be hard for people who aren't great at self-determination to progress.
I worked at Max Planck Institute of Immunobiology and Epigenetics full-time
- State of the art research facilities - Extremely bright and talented scientists (for the most part) - An illustrious selection of world-class seminar speakers - Beautiful city, great for... people who like nature, forests, hiking, skiing.
- Recurring issues with scientific misconduct - Mobbing and bullying of grad students by senior faculty will not be investigated. If reported, the messenger might be punished - Depending on PI,... extremely long working hours and weekend work. This point is debatable, since most scientists love their jobs and don't mind the overtime. - Barely any industry networking events and skill building workshop to prepare people for industry. The sole purpose of this institute is to build future leaders in academia.
Advice to Management
- Comply to work law and the official MPG standards for ethical research. - Let go PIs, who bully their staff.