Compare Tesco vs Primark BETASee how working at Tesco vs. Primark compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tesco vs. Primark. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tesco scored higher in 3 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits and % Recommend to a friend.
- Primark scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 5 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Tesco had 911 more reviews than Primark that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- Tesco had 279 more reviews than Primark that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Tesco full-time for less than a year
Benefits, work-life balance, range of projects, fast-pace and senior-leadership accessibility. People focused and a growth mindset culture (especially leaders).
Diversity, inconsistent development plans, internal feedback culture, lack of structure in meetings. Feels relatively hierarchical sometimes.
Advice to Management
Keep up the great work around listening to colleagues and promoting employee wellbeing.
I have been working at Primark part-time for more than a year
I really enjoy how rewarding it can feel to help the customers whilst also continuously improving on your department. Fixed hours with optional overtime. Managers and supervisors are friendly whilst... still being able to take control of difficult situations. Opportunities for career development. The pay is good and the hours are nice. 10% staff discount on select weeks in the year. A really great first job.
Strict 28 day policy in requesting time off. Holiday requests sometimes rejected.