Compare Tesco vs Primark BETASee how working at Tesco vs. Primark compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tesco vs. Primark. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tesco scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Primark scored higher in 2 areas: CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- Tesco had 628 more reviews than Primark that mentioned "Good pay" as a Pro.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Tesco.
- "No discount" was the most mentioned Con at Primark.
I have been working at Primark part-time for more than a year
I am a current employee at Primark and this is the second time I've been employed by the company. The first time I worked here full time and the hours became too much due to my work/life balance... (but I do have 2 children). This time being part time, it's much better. I can't speak for all Primark stores but the one I work at is a lovely place to work. The management are lovely and super accommodating/supportive. The store is kept clean and tidy and is a much tidier than most Primark stores. The pay is really good, especially for Under 25's as it's way above minimum wage. Break times are also generous.
Working in the Cash Office should be a Supervisor position because it's so much extra responsibility than working on the shop floor but you are paid the same amount! Usually work alone so all... problems/discrepancies are usually left for you to resolve which can be stressful. Can sometimes be lonely and tedious.
Advice to Management
Please make Cash Office a Supervisors role!