Compare The British Army vs Metropolitan Police Service BETASee how working at The British Army vs. Metropolitan Police Service compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The British Army vs. Metropolitan Police Service. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The British Army scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Metropolitan Police Service scored higher in 1 area: CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Opportunities to travel" was the most mentioned Pro at The British Army.
- "Making a difference" was the most mentioned Pro at Metropolitan Police Service.
- "Time away" was the most mentioned Con at The British Army.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Metropolitan Police Service.
I worked at The British Army full-time for more than 10 years
Variety, benefits, adventure, workload, personal development. Pension benefits are still good, just not as good as they were 20 years ago.
Required to move roles every two years. Pay low compared to peers in boring civvy jobs, but there are benefits to be had (healthcare, gym, subsidised food and accommodation etc.). Benefits are only... useful to some though - eg if you own a property you don't take advantage of low accomodation costs. If you are the right sort of person, there is the ability to have a huge disposable income.
I worked at Metropolitan Police Service full-time
The best police service, bar none
Don't believe what the press say
Advice to Management
Be brave - you have yours workers support