Compare The Home Depot vs ALDI BETASee how working at The Home Depot vs. ALDI compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The Home Depot vs. ALDI. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The Home Depot scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- ALDI scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at The Home Depot.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at ALDI.
- The Home Depot had 172 more reviews than ALDI that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at ALDI full-time for more than a year
It's a 48 hour working week, but with the shift times you get so much out of your free time. It's the best work-life balance I've had in 8 years of retail. Looking at salaries of similar jobs, and... even those elsewhere with more responsibility, nowhere compares to Aldi in terms of logistics pay.
A lot of people are comfortable in their roles, and are happy to stay there until retirement. As such, positions can stay occupied for a long time which can limit progression opportunities.
Advice to Management
Make a certain length of service be of equal merit to a 2:1 degree when it comes to promotions.