Compare Tripadvisor vs Airbnb BETASee how working at Tripadvisor vs. Airbnb compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tripadvisor vs. Airbnb. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Airbnb scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Free lunch" was the most mentioned Pro at Tripadvisor.
- "Great culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Airbnb.
- "Speed wins" was the most mentioned Con at Tripadvisor.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Airbnb.
I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years
Smart going into the pandemic, strong coming out. The company made some VERY tough decisions in April /May 2020 but we've weathered the storm for the most part and are now coming out stronger and... with a more focused team the other side. Commitment to employee welfare, diversity and inclusion is strong and the culture is the best I've ever come across. A CEO who genuinely cares about the company and its employees and will also do anything in his power to ensure success flows down.
Travel in a pandemic was never going to be an easy sell but we're over the worst now. Need to re-establish ourselves now as the market leader in travel and lifestyle
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you are doing - but remember to build back with secure foundations and that includes more staff as we now look to take on more clients.
I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than a year
- Core values are at the heart of Airbnb hiring, and this results in a cohesive working environment - The company is forward-thinking and aims to think 2-3 steps ahead of the market
- Sometimes workflows can feel siloed, but no different to most other companies; it's an operational efficiency trade-off. - Can have slower career growth than some smaller organisations. Airbnb... tends to hire for experience, first.