Compare Tripadvisor vs ByteDance BETASee how working at Tripadvisor vs. ByteDance compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Tripadvisor vs. ByteDance. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Tripadvisor scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
- ByteDance scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Free lunch" was the most mentioned Pro at Tripadvisor.
- "Fast paced" was the most mentioned Pro at ByteDance.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at Tripadvisor.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at ByteDance.
I have been working at Tripadvisor full-time for more than 5 years
People here have a real passion for the growth and success of the company. A fun, friendly start up atmosphere. Lots of perks. A company that really care about the values they stand for.
Sometimes a little process driven and US centric but understandably so.
Advice to Management
Keep up with transparency, you have some talented people on board.