Compare University of Birmingham vs University of the West of England BETASee how working at University of Birmingham vs. University of the West of England compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Birmingham vs. University of the West of England. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Birmingham scored higher in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
- University of the West of England scored higher in 6 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Overall Rating and Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- University of Birmingham had 21 more reviews than University of the West of England that mentioned "Flexible working" as a Pro.
- "Term contracts" was the most mentioned Con at University of Birmingham.
- "Lectures" was the most mentioned Con at University of the West of England.
I have been working at University of Birmingham full-time for more than a year
- Lovely campus - Amazing looking buildings! - Lots of brand new buildings with plenty of facilities - Good links to the city centre - Lots of resources/self guides on self care and mental health
- Challenging to get academic help (probably a unique thing for my engineering course)
I have been working at University of the West of England full-time
great communication between lecturers and students
online learning has many cons but not the universities' fault