Compare University of Cambridge vs Oxford University Press BETASee how working at University of Cambridge vs. Oxford University Press compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Cambridge vs. Oxford University Press. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Cambridge scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Cambridge.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Oxford University Press.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at University of Cambridge.
- "Oup" was the most mentioned Con at Oxford University Press.
I have been working at Oxford University Press full-time for more than 3 years
Great atmosphere, very social and welcoming with a lot of different networks - valuing employees as people not numbers. Also mission-led and ethical, with an important attitude towards and focus on... diversity and accessibility. A large organisation that offers lots of opportunities to explore new teams, functions, and locations.
Quite low pay across the board in Marketing/at lower levels compared to other commercial companies (though balanced out by other benefits).
Advice to Management
Increase pay transparency in Publishing industry by including salary ranges on entry-level roles, along with reviewing marketing salaries compared to workload.