Compare University of Cambridge vs University of Dundee BETASee how working at University of Cambridge vs. University of Dundee compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Cambridge vs. University of Dundee. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Cambridge scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Cambridge.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Dundee.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Con at University of Cambridge.
- "Life sciences" was the most mentioned Con at University of Dundee.
I have been working at University of Cambridge full-time for less than a year
One of the current PGCE Maths subject lecturers is truly thoughtful, energising, and an excellent teacher of teachers. A few of the other mentors have weaknesses in organisation, enthusiasm, clarity... etc. but the course is well and truly saved by the exceptions.
Organisation can seem very atomised - lots of different sites to check up on, and can be very easy to miss key announcements. The essays are a little waffle-y and unnecessary, but the partner schools... provide a good environment for your first teaching roles.
Advice to Management
Try to combine announcements from all the different departments of the PGCE course into one place.