Compare University of Exeter vs Met Office BETASee how working at University of Exeter vs. Met Office compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Exeter vs. Met Office. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Exeter scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Met Office scored higher in 3 areas: Work-life balance, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- University of Exeter had 1 more reviews than Met Office that mentioned "Flexible working" as a Pro.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at University of Exeter.
- "Noisy open plan" was the most mentioned Con at Met Office.
I have been working at Met Office full-time for more than a year
Working in a global centre of Excellence for weather and climate services. The Met Office has a wide range of roles ranging from Technology to Science and so you learn a lot of new skills and... knowledge. Salaries and benefits are good compared to many public sector bodies. There is access to the Civil Service Pension scheme. The Head Office in Exeter has a modern spacious environment with a restaurant, cafe and grounds to walk around. Staff are friendly and from a range of backgrounds and nationalities. There is a gym in Exeter and numerous clubs for staff to get involved in ranging from Brass bands to Language clubs.
You are asked by people daily what the weather is