Compare University of Leicester vs The Open University BETASee how working at University of Leicester vs. The Open University compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Leicester vs. The Open University. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Leicester scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
- The Open University scored higher in 5 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Leicester.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at The Open University.
- The Open University had 3 more reviews than University of Leicester that mentioned "Career progression" as a Con.
- The Open University had 7 more reviews than University of Leicester that mentioned "Senior management" as a Con.
I have been working at The Open University
Very supportive and excellent training. If you show motivation and drive they will support you and encourage you to grow. Direct managers work closely as do senior - everyone is present in the office... so great for networking. Being a large organisation there are opportunities everywhere - I stated in student recruitment with no goals - they have helped shape a career and in just over 3 years have moved up 3 grades! Brilliant holidays (45 day I think), and great office attitude (no blame only train!), they hold lots of office events like BBQs , bake sales, PIZZA, even trip abroad! I love working here so much I bought a house up here! Also AMAZING pension contribution at 19% ! I could go on!
Whilst we have excellent gender equality with many women in senior management roles, this goes down once you get to more senior roles The east campus canteen (run by an external company) is... hilariously frustrating! If you want to buy something expect to wait about 5 minutes whilst the staff unpack milk and have a catch up in the kitchen!
Advice to Management
Sometimes people need a stronger hand - for example of someone does something wrong or doesn’t understand something that’s than sending an email to the whole team about the process, approach the... individual directly. I’m sure this is not present in every team. There are certain managers though that are just brilliant- supportive and very approachable! A very senior manager took the time to provide detailed face to face feedback on a failed interview.