Compare University of Portsmouth vs SMi Group BETASee how working at University of Portsmouth vs. SMi Group compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at University of Portsmouth vs. SMi Group. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- University of Portsmouth scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Flexible working hours" was the most mentioned Pro at University of Portsmouth.
- "Good friends" was the most mentioned Pro at SMi Group.
- "Senior management" was the most mentioned Con at University of Portsmouth.
- "One person" was the most mentioned Con at SMi Group.
I have been working at University of Portsmouth full-time
Comprehensive high-quality training Personal development focused Working alongside senior academics and company directors
Salary slightly below average for engineering graduate, but offset by personal development budget
I have been working at SMi Group full-time for less than a year
SMi is a great company to work for! They allow equal opportunities to all, and ensure that progression is closely monitored and recorded. At SMi, you are respected regardless of: age, gender,... ethnicity, and belief. SMi prioritises operations and employees wellbeing by providing benefits such as free gym membership and fresh fruit in the office! I was provided good training sessions where I was taught how to operate in-house systems, so they do not just throw you in the deep end. Management as SMi is exceptional, and it is just a fun environment to work in!
The only aspect I have noticed is that there is no sink in the kitchen. However, having said that, this does not interfere with day-to-day operations
Advice to Management
Keep up the good work and congratulations on building and maintaining a ever-growing successful company