Compare Whitbread vs J D Wetherspoon BETASee how working at Whitbread vs. J D Wetherspoon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Whitbread vs. J D Wetherspoon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Whitbread scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Working environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Whitbread.
- "Good pay" was the most mentioned Pro at J D Wetherspoon.
- J D Wetherspoon had 219 more reviews than Whitbread that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at Whitbread full-time for more than a year
I have been in hospitality for most of my adult life and spent a career in different roles in the field around the UK and abroad and must say that Whitbread has been the best company to work with in... all these years. Employees are individuals and treated not only fairly but also as top management would like themselves to be. During the first lockdown not only did they top up furlough payments for all its team the company continually find moments of truth to better employee wellbeing. I am proud 🥲 to work for Whitbread and now understand why some team have worked for the same company for 10-15 years. Take a bow top management and keep it up. 👍🏽
None that I can honestly think of compared to other hospitality chains in the UK and trust me there is a stark difference.
I have been working at J D Wetherspoon full-time
Good team, like family now, good pay above minimum wage, good bonuses, free shares in the company that you can cash out, good staff discounts, good progression, decent hours
I have no cons for the pub