Compare Wiley vs Elsevier BETASee how working at Wiley vs. Elsevier compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Wiley vs. Elsevier. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Wiley scored higher in 2 areas: Compensation & Benefits and Senior Management.
- Elsevier scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Career Opportunities.
What Employees Say
- Wiley had 60 more reviews than Elsevier that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- Wiley had 13 more reviews than Elsevier that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I worked at Wiley for less than a year
I had the most fantastic, encouraging and supportive managers. I was given the opportunity to engage in a wide range of tasks, aside from my projects. The recruitment team were fantastic and matched... me to a department that fit my skill set perfectly. As an intern, speaking to senior managers, VP's and the EVP was welcomed. It was an amazing experience and I encourage any undergraduate or graduate to apply.
The only downside is that the company is based in Oxford and not London.
I have been working at Elsevier full-time for more than 5 years
Covid 19 support for employees, customers and partners is superb. Great understanding and empathy shown. Working from home was made easy. Free Headspace app provided to all employees, wellness -... daily 20-min twice a day meditation sessions available to all staff and a free coronavirus information centre for everyone online. Great place to work during this pandemic period. No problems.
None right now, just loving the value the business provides.
Advice to Management
Keep supporting your employees through Covid 19.