Compare Xilinx vs STMicroelectronics BETASee how working at Xilinx vs. STMicroelectronics compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Xilinx vs. STMicroelectronics. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Xilinx scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- STMicroelectronics scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
What Employees Say
- STMicroelectronics had 180 more reviews than Xilinx that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Pro.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Xilinx.
- "Low salary" was the most mentioned Con at STMicroelectronics.
I worked at STMicroelectronics for less than a year
Office is in a great location, the open plan setup works well and the office is always kept tidy and clean Canteen featuring everything staff would need - microwaves, cutlery, mugs, tea/coffee,... dishwasher Fair number of holiday days - staff are actually encouraged to take holidays at ST to prevent stress from overworking Decent pay for an undergraduate internship Very friendly and easy to talk to people, also a general sense that the people care about their work and progression of the company Freedom to go about my project, had access to ordering components and a lab to do any soldering/hardware work. At the same time my supervisors were always available when needed Regular training on different aspects of the business and products was provided Flexible hours - extremely beneficial for those who would like to skip rush hour traffic to come in a little later and leave later
Perhaps due to the internship being for a university project, the placement was stressful and I felt overworked most days. Expectations were very high.