- There are still some good people left, although dwindling in numbers.
- Get paid on time.
- Smart casual dress code.
- Just a job, not for those looking to build their career.
- Zero investment into employee development - training in the form of "get it done", "look on this free website" and "Google it". This approach can work for some tasks but does not apply to all forms of knowledge.
- Cliques exist, do not expect interesting work if you are not part of it.
- Multiple re-orgs in the space of a few years, different structure and faces - same chaos.
- Every project ends up as a last minute rush with management cracking the whip for employees to do the impossible. Excuses are made for the rush each time.
Advice to Management
Stop focusing on copying the competition - come up with some of your own ideas.
The HR team is quite ineffective. They don't seem to have any powers. My previous organization had many social events for employees. There is no such thing here. The morale of employees is going down constantly. The advancement opportunities are limited.