All answers shown come directly from Hotjar Reviews and are not edited or altered.
How are the career development opportunities at Hotjar?
1 English review out of 1
4 October 2018
* I actually enjoy the work that I get to do every day. Now I'm not some crazy person that LOVES to work and never has bad days, but overall I really do enjoy the work that I get to do and the impact it makes on the company.
* And on that note, it is great to actually see how each team's work and individual's work actually influences how Hotjar grows. Everything and every one matters. This is not a place where you can just coast by, there is a lot of hard work involved but it is important work.
* Work/Life balance used to be a joke to me, but the culture at Hotjar really emphasizes how important it is to balance. Not only do we have a large number of vacation days, but the leadership team will "shame" those who HAVEN'T taken all their vacation days. I've been able to travel and visit places that I never thought I would on my vacation time!
* I feel like I'm surrounded my geniuses and they are all happy to help. It's nice being around inspiring people and learning and developing your career with them.
* There is plenty of career development opportunities. I get the opportunity to try new things, pick up new skills, or take a new path altogether. Whether you want to become a leader or develop your current skills, there is always opportunity.
* Being based in the US means being a contractor is hard. I pay for my own insurance and contribute to my own retirement, which isn't what I've been used to as a W2. Of course I was aware of this from the very start and in my situation, the compensation and the perks outweigh this negative.
* Remote life is not for everyone. It can be lonely, you can get stir crazy, and truly takes dicipline.
Advice to Management
Continue to hire smart but also make sure to weed out those that can't keep up. With such a high-velocity company, it only takes a handful of mediocre performers to slow down a whole department.
* There is plenty of career development opportunities.