1E Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

1E Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at 1E

3.5

Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at 1E (New York, NY (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Initial communications were via word of mouth from respected people in the industry. This was followed up by phone calls about skills and culture and job description. As I was already well known in the space my next step was two technical calls. One for details about Systems Management the second about project methodology as well as solutions architecture. Following these and candid conversations a local employee and his wife met my wife and i for dinner to answer any questions in a low pressure environment. The final step was to travel to the NYC office for a face to face interview. They were far more concerned that I fit well with the mentality and excited. They provided motivation and listened candidly to ensure that not only could I help them accomplish being the best but that they could make me better.

Interview Questions

• The scenario was around technical questions that no one has an answer to. It was such an interesting discussion on how to solve a common issue without a clear direction. Instead of me working by myself to provide or fumble or quantify the issue.. we had an actual discussion on how implement and measure a solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. By using resources freely available i was able to set a number before the negotiations started. However, their opening offer was off the scale. Nice to know that when they want you they mean it. Always keep in mind even if you can't get the right base number, bonus, and extras are always negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for 1E

Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at 1E (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Three-stage. First is a Skype interview just to get a feel for the candidate and you a feel for the company. Second is a technical interview and third is a board interview with 4-5 others present. I found everyone I spoke to put me at ease and didn't feel too over-awed by the process given its length.

Interview Questions

• Describe why you would choose to deploy software updates via SCCM over WSUS.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.