A.T. Kearney Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

A.T. Kearney Interview Questions

Interviews at A.T. Kearney

3.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

Interview itself was easy and the case they gave was relatively straightforward for both rounds. The 2nd round interviewer they put in front of me was very inexperienced and could not get over the fact that I was more qualified for the job than she was. Once that became apparent, I've tried to get her past it and get her to move on but it created an uneasy tone for the rest of the conversation.

Interview Questions

• The case was a classic M&A case from any case prep book. They had a company that was looking to expand in a different region, what are the considerations type of scenario.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

Very difficult interview experience, must have broad skillset, real world application and presentation skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

2 case interviews on campus.
    2 cases and a fit interview at the office

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

Campus hiring process
    Got to know people in the firm and vice versa during various events on campus including coffee chats, case study practices etc.
    Interview settings are comfortable and not aggressive or attacking
    Diversity is highly respected and appreciated

Negotiation

Offers are standard when out of campus
    Smaller items such as moving fees etc could be negotiated

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

two rounds, in total about 5 1:1 interviews

Interview Questions

• The personal questions, you should be prepared with good stories to tell   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2 to 3 interviews depending on the pipeline you enter from. Most is school hiring; occasionally industry hiring into specific practices. 1st interview will be a phone screen. 2nd interview will be a in person, 2 case interviews, and 3rd will be 3 parts. One will be a behavioral interview, one will be a case interview, and the last will be a case presentation.

Interview Questions

• Case interview - always expect the unexpected with case solving interviews   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

This was a rigorous interview, with a full day of discussions with senior team leaders as well as more junior team members who focused on detailing the specifics of their experience with the firm. One senior team leader described a model client situation and asked that I provide some ideas of how I might address the client's multiple challenges and what criteria I might select in assessing those challenges.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the value proposition of A.T. Kearney's client approach versus the other consulting firms you have had discussions with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

In the first round, there will be 2 one-on-one interviews (case interview + behavioral). The final round will have 2 case and behavioral interviews along with a written case before partners (depending on the office). The case interviews were difficult of course, but manageable if you are comfortable with the case interview process; the written case, however, was very, very hard.

Interview Questions

• The written case was the most difficult component. You'll be given a bunch of data, and will have an hour to prepare a recommendation before partners who then bombard you with questions that you need to be able to handle deftly.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1 telephone; 4 cases + 1 case presentation

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.T. Kearney in May 2015.

Interview

The process included three stages. I first had a phone interview to disucss my backgroiund and potential fit with the firm. The second interview was case and behavioral. The third interview was a presented case interview and behavioral.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.