ACORN Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ACORN Interview Questions

Interviews at ACORN

2.4

Clinical Research Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ACORN.

Interview

there were not many questions, she just wanted someone with a science background
    she mentioned that the job required travel
    did not really describe compensation or any of the benefits

it was pretty vague

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ACORN (Orlando, FL (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. I sent in my resume. Called them a few days later to ask them my status. They gave me a call back and talked to me over the phone. Then called me the next day to let me know I was hired and to drop in and sign some paperwor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ACORN (Oakland, CA (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was "unconventional" My Department Supervisor from my previous employer had moved on to another job. I had informed her that I would need a reference from her, because the company was downsizing and laying off our whole department. She stated that if I was willing to put the work in, she had a position she thought I was be great in.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to restructure the day-to day operations of the Oakland office and be able to present the restructure proposal to the Board of Directors in 2 weeks. Then a year later do the same for 3 additional branch offices. Which I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ACORN (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, asks relevant experience and explains what job entailed. Offered job by the end of the interview and I started a week later. This job is very casual and was a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• Example of great customer service?   1 Answer

Organizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACORN (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First you are asked some generic questions about why you want to do the job. They tell you some information about the organization, much of which is not entirely true.

You will be expected to sign up five full members in your first two weeks.

Many people are fired after not signing up the required number of members.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for ACORN?   1 Answer

Organizer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ACORN.

Interview

Instructed to dress "casually," I went in for a "group interview," but nobody else showed up. The office was dingy and unkempt, which immediately put me off. Nobody greeted me, so I stood awkwardly for a good while. Finally, I sat down with someone, and, very informally, and we discussed my history and the organization/position.

Interview Questions

• What's one problem in the world today that you want to fix, and how would you go about fixing it through community organizing?   Answer Question

Multimedia and Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sackville, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ACORN (Sackville, NB (Canada)).

Interview

Very quick communication, professional office manager that is very speedy in keeping in touch. Friendly interview with plenty of time for the interviewee to speak and ask questions. Interview was in the form of a panel interview on a round table. Attended by the executive director and office manager that took turns asking the candidate questions. Overall, the whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about organizing an event or a conference?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.