AKQA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at AKQA

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at AKQA (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Poorly communicated process. I had 6 people interview me (from beginning to end). The last interview was a presentation in front of a large group (some dialed in - the connection dropped quite a few times). Most people said they were a senior analyst or manager and when it came to Q and A they tried to pick holes in the presentation as opposed to question and learn.

Interviewers didn’t seem too have their questions ready or to have read my background. I got the feeling that the analytics work wasn’t at the level of other agencies.

At the offer time I found that the salary is about the same as other agencies. Perks and development programs are way less than other agencies.

Interview Questions

• If you could use data for something innovative, what would that be?   Answer Question
    • What’s your experience with Adobe Analytics?   Answer Question
    • Have you built a measurement framework?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your management style? How many people have you managed?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience with Python and R?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the models you’ve worked with? (Note, the interview wasn’t able to go deeper than simple linear regression, cluster analysis and t-tests.)   Answer Question
    • “Bit coin”   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AKQA in May 2017.

Interview

The interviewer sounded very friendly and outgoing. The call accidentally hung up once but we continue speaking right away. Although I didn't get the offer, but the whole process was smooth. It was a very pleasant and casual interview.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Had several interviews with Recruiters, Managing Director and even the client GAD. Interviews all went well in my opinion until the only thing I was told was I was not a fit for the client at this time by HR. The response could have not been more vague for interviews that took over 4 hours of my time. When asked if they could provide any detail, I was ignored and never given a follow up email. I've never felt so insulted by a company where so much of my time was given into interviewing. Terrible experience.

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

It's unfortunate to see that this experience seems to be the norm for AKQA. After 6 interviews & a presentation (on 3 separate occasions), I was completely ghosted by the hiring manager & HR department at AKQA. After MY 4th follow-up, I received a very brief email with one line informing me that they passed. I have never felt so disrespected by a company and am still in shock that they operate in this manner, especially in such a niche field. If you have time to kill & want to practice your interview skills, then go for it. Otherwise, I'd move on to the next one. The Bay Area is FULL of better job opportunities.

Associate Media Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Had a phone call with HR where she asked me a few questions about my experience and my interest in moving to work for AKQA. It was pleasant and stayed pretty surface level about the job. She did ask my about salary, relocation, etc.

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AKQA (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Interview started with an initial phone screen, recruiter was very professional, personable. Based on my communication with this individual I felt it may have been some indication the hiring manager and team were similar in the experience. The office is currently is also in growth mode to build their footprint and competitive with other digital competitors.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very easy. Nothing that through me off guard. Questions like: what is your experience working with clients,? Have you participated in new business development or pitch?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. Part of phone screen included technical questions and was recorded.
    In person interview with 4-5 people within a couple of weeks of the phone interview. 3 managers, 1 product manager. Questions were primarily technical, with some questions about agile methodology.
    Not enough drinks were provided. I should have brought change for the vending machine and purchased a soda after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• The phone screen was in large part a Java trivia contest.   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The process was based on networking solely. I had made a connection with a recruiter who was hiring for the position in New York, they were the one who helped me get my foot in the door for the interview. The position was really easy to discuss in the initial phone interview and was more about scheduling for a sit down, that could be based on credentials.

The in-person didn't last more than 20 minutes and consisted of hypotheticals regarding what type of strategy work, or accounts I would work on and how I would solve so and so problems. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you thought you could do better and why? What happened, and how would you change things.   Answer Question

Strategy Director Interview

Interview

Overall my experience was that AKQA are unprofessional and disrespectful of interviewee’s time. Neither the talent scout nor the department manager followed up with me after I spent several hours interviewing.

After an initial phone interview, I visited for an in-person interview and then a second day for a presentation round. After that, I was invited back for a third conversation with another senior leader. After a lot of chasing by email and phone I never heard back from AKQA.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about Nike?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

Reached out to me after an internal referral. Two rounds of phone interviews and emails with HR. Very thorough personality questioning. Were very good about stating expectations and completely willing to address all of my questions. Was the best interview process I've experienced thus far. Easily the most knowledgeable and friendliest HR staff.

Interview Questions

• To assess the role of social in the future. Such a broad question, but really made me think.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.