AKQA Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AKQA Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at AKQA

1.7

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AKQA (Portland, OR (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Onsite interview consisted of non-technical questions and discussion around what I like to do and what they do. And I asked them some of the usual questions, including what is the workflow process. Next thing I know, the follow-up with recruiter is that AKQA felt that "I would not like their work process". Funny, I never said or suggested this, I only asked what the process was. I felt these guys were biased against me because I was older (over 40) and they were all in their 20's and 30s. One annoying habit of one of the interviewers, which was very distracting at times, was his "Brian Williams delivery" (and if you watch Brian deliver the news, you'll know what I mean), except this guys added more squint and face turning... But I soon got used to it, as well as the accent. One note: Workspace is everyone working at tables, as close to each other as the width of your monitor. Talk about a close work environment! Also, they are located in an old brewery, and old, all brick building... as cool and as "start-up" as that sounds, when the Pacific quake hits everyone in that building will be crushed by the crumbling bricks. Just sayin'...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AKQA

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AKQA (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

Communication was fast. The interviews were actually pleasant. The offer was unreasonably low, however. The people I met were very genuine and intelligent. Interviewed with managers, and senior developers. Went over some architecture concepts, work history, hobbies and interests, etc. They offered to answer all of my questions also.

The building seemed ok. They made me an offer the same day following the interview. The recruiter seemed dishonest about salary bracketing, since it was in the bottom 10%.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any negative experiences or questions that I couldn't answer. I guess talking about myself makes me nervous and uncomfortable.   1 Answer

Salary was much too low.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AKQA.

Interview

I was contacted through a recruiter interested in my profile seen on LinkedIn for a position in their London office. After a quick talk with the recruiter, I received a programming test, the "meeting scheduler" that I did in 2 hours.

I declined because the position would have started at an inconvenient time for me and I was already in a project that was confirmed and rolling.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.