ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ALDI Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017
1,435 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   5 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Open interview- Applicants are screened by the manager asking 5-6 questions. After which he said he would follow up with an interview in one week. He even mentioned beginning to train applicants on a forklift the following week.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you want to work?   2 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

All in all , the whole process took about 3 weeks starting with a hiring event. After event they tell you to expect a call within a week if they want to move forward with a group interview. Finally, their is a follow up interview with 2 district managers if you receive the phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ALDI'S   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Interview

Turned in my resume through my school's career website. I was notified I was selected for an interview and that I must attend a pre-interview dinner. The "dinner" was a presentation of Aldi and what it does and stands for. It really helped in making expectations clear. The interview the next day asked for about 5 basic behavioral questions. I was told I would know if I made it to the next round in a week. I received a rejection email exactly a week later.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you wouldn't like to do about this job?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I spoke with a current DM at my school's career fair. I applied online and received an interview. In order to interview, all candidates attend a pre-interview informational session where they discuss all aspects of the job and answer any questions you have. At the first interview (20 mins), they ask very basic questions about yourself, your resume, and the DM job. I got an email asking for me to come to the second round of interviews.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through a university portal, was offered an on-campus interview, attended a pre-interview info session, casual interview the next day. They genuinely wanted to know about me and if I would this job. Still waiting to hear back about second round at their regional HQ.

District Manager Interview

Interview

Applied through university's career services. After being selected for an interview and choosing my time, I received an email asking me to come to an "interview pre-night" or something similar. The dress was business casual. This information session lasted approximately 1 hour (as Aldi promised) and was conducted by the Director of Operations for the branch myself and my fellow students were applying to. She was very friendly and while the session, of course, portrayed Aldi in a positive light, it was genuinely informative and some good reading material on Aldi was given. We were also asked to fill out a sheet stating our location preferences.

The next day I had my interview. It was basic and my interviewer was the same Director of Operations though two district managers were also interviewing others. Questions were straightforward. One piece of advice, however: come prepared with questions. I had researched Aldi extremely thoroughly prior to the interview and thus had few questions about their business model or the position in question. As such, I came with perhaps 2-3 questions. After I asked these, though, she asked if I had any others in a way that implied I should have more. I was a bit surprised at this since we were already 5 minutes over the allotted time for the interview and I knew another student was coming right after me, but I understand. I think she was looking for questions about her personal experiences as a district manager rather than questions about the corporation.

Interview Questions

• Q: So you're a government major, why apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are three words which describe you?   1 Answer
    • Q: What's the hardest challenge you've faced in life?   Answer Question
    • Q: Challenge faced at work?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I applied at a hiring event. I filled out an application and had a short resume prepared. We waited in line until we were called back to meet with the store manager. This was a first line interview, so if selected at this point, I would need to be interviewed by the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my previous employment history, whether or not I had reliable transportation, and why I wanted to work for their store.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

Well I was a bit late due to no fault of my own. The group interview was a bit long and I didn't participate the way I should have..I was all messed up from being late. Then we got to 1 on 1 interviews..the guy didn't seem interested in anything I had to say..didn't ask me much and the whole interview was literally 2 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview after talking with a recruiter at my College Career Fair. Was asked to come to a second round interview. Questions were pretty general; they just wanted to get to know you personally.

Interview Questions

• How will the skills you've learned from your major help you in this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for ALDI?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.