ALDI Interview Questions

Updated 14 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,832 of over 2.8K interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

ALDI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at ALDI in Feb 2021

Interview

A thorough process with several stages. To be successful requires a lot of research and a good understanding of the business. The first stage includes a lengthy application and a personality test. The verbal & reasoning test is done via Saville where they do have practice questions on their website BUT they are considerably easier than the actual questions. For example, the passages you read in the actual questions are much longer than the practice questions. My best advice is to use these and other sites to get an idea of what to expect and practice under time constraints! I remember only having 2-3 minutes to answer 5-6 hard questions so you are very pushed for time. Next is the Video Interview which comprises of 6-8 competency-based questions. These questions will pop up on the screen where you'll have roughly 10 seconds to read and prepare your answer and then you'll have either 30 or 60 seconds to record your answer. You cannot re-record so practice this prior to your video interview. Questions for me included: - Briefly introduce yourself, where you live, what you do, where you studied etc - Why do you want to be an area manager for Aldi - Tell me about a time you had to be a leader, what was the outcome - What do you think will be the biggest challenge you'll have to overcome as an area manager and how will you overcome this - Explain a situation where you set yourself high standards and how did you achieve this Next, you'll be invited to an assessment centre. I put A LOT of time into this, so I recommend doing the same. It's split into 2 parts, the individual presentation, and the group assessment. You are required to do a "store walk" at your local Aldi store and make observations of the store ready to present back to the group on your findings. However, the topic you present on will be given to you on the day so I would prepare for all possible topics. Researching the company, how it operates, its values (simplicity, consistency, responsibility), etc will massively help you with this. The presentation is only 3 minutes so again practice within this time frame because you WILL be cut off at 3 minutes by the assessor. The topics that came up on the day include: - product branding - Aldi's value of consistency - marketing & PR - specialbuys - people at Aldi You will also be asked a follow-up question on your topic, for example, my presentation was on product branding and the question asked afterwards was "do you think it's unfair that Aldi copy brands that have spent years and lots of money creating a product, especially those who are smaller?". The 2nd part of the assessment is the group task. You are given 10 minutes to read through a few documents, for me, this included a brief from a director to the store managers of using an external training provider to help with everyone's time management. You were then given 4-5 training provider information sheets and needed to pick the most appropriate one that fits in with the director's criteria e.g. value for money, time taken to complete training, good company fit etc. I personally felt there was a lot to read through in just 10 minutes so I would practice going through detailed documents and picking out key information. You then had 1 minute each to present the provider you've chosen and why. You then had 20 minutes with the group to discuss which one you would collectively choose and prepare a 2 minute presentation back as to why. I worked collaboratively with my group, I didn't feel there was any intentional talking over one another or hostility. I know you want to be heard so make sure you get your points across but use it as an opportunity to work together cohesively and demonstrate how you would be a good leader. This an opportunity to show your confidence, and voice your opinion, so don't sit back but get involved and enjoy the discussion together. (P.s. well done if you've got this far, I found this stage the hardest part of the entire process!) The final stage (really well done if you're here!) will be a final interview with the MD. This is a great opportunity to meet someone so high up in the business and for them to get to know you. The best advice I can give for this stage is to be yourself, be confident in your answers (they're looking for people who know what they want) and show them how hard-working and ambitious you are. Questions included, tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for Aldi, have you applied anywhere else, what motivates you etc. He delved into my previous experience including why I went into my previous role, why I left, why didn't I apply for the grad scheme at Aldi straight away. Other interesting questions included, what's the most complex thing you've ever had to understand, what's the toughest decision you've ever had to make. As I said, be yourself and show them what you can bring to the company that's different from the other graduates! Best of luck!

Interview Questions
  • - Briefly introduce yourself, where you live, what you do, where you studied etc - Why do you want to be an area manager for Aldi - Tell me about a time you had to be a leader, what was the outcome - What do you think will be the biggest challenge you'll have to overcome as an area manager and how will you overcome this - Explain a situation where you set yourself high standards and how did you achieve this
    Answer Question

ALDI

Application

I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

Lots of interviews and don’t really specify how much work there will be. The final one did illuminate the lack of work life balance at the company. Overall, they seem like nice people but not a great job offering.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

ALDI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

it was great, i was shown around and then asked a few questions. a really positive experience even though i didn't get the job, staff were very friendly and helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ALDI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

It was okay called for appointment and second one but i had to keep travelling out of my town for the interviews even though the job position was in my home town

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ALDI

Application

I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

Met at the career fair, had a virtual interview, then invited to an office for the final interview day (interviewed with 3 employees then). I was there with several other candidates.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL)

Interview

Phone interview, completed on-line assessments, interview with human resources personnel. Not sure what they are looking for as they are continually hiring for the buying assistant position. Frankly, it seems they should look at the competence of their HR staff since it seems they aren't selecting the best candidates since they can't maintain employees.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a stressful work situation and how you handled it.
3 people found this interview helpful

ALDI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

Show up to the open house-- no one seems to dress beyond pajamas-- get a tour, and then speak to a totally disinterested and post grad power-trip manager. Very hostile and judgmental. She definitely didn't know how to interact with people, so don't expect good management.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ALDI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

Hiring process was good but lengthy. I don't appreciate the wait. It took my 2 months entirely to even meet someone and then I was rejected. I didn't receive an email or call but just got updated on the candidate portal.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me about myself and also some scenario type questions

ALDI

Application

I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

Online interview with three questions, had to record answers via video. Easy to use and very quick, basic questions about skill set. Use experiences from past jobs if you have any

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI (Indianapolis, IN)

Interview

Two step interview with the final one on site. The final interview is a day at Aldi site with the VP’s conducting the interviews. The process is interesting as Aldi pays for your whole trip to the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

ALDI

Application

I interviewed at ALDI

Interview

Was not too bad pretty basic interview ask questions that are common such as how do you deal with hardship etc. I did not however go to the next stage and among my peers who interviewed I also couldn’t find anyone else that had also gotten to the next step.

Interview Questions
  • What is one example where you dealt with an unexpected situation.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,832 Interviews