ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ALDI Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2017
1,522 Interview Reviews

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   5 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Interview

Open interview- Applicants are screened by the manager asking 5-6 questions. After which he said he would follow up with an interview in one week. He even mentioned beginning to train applicants on a forklift the following week.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you want to work?   2 Answers

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I interviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I received direction from the ALDI website in regards to interviews being held for Store Associates, Shift Managers and Manager Trainee. I filled out an application from Home, touched up my resume and pressed my outfit for the interview. I drove an hour and paid several dollars in tolls and finally arrived. When I got to the conference room they had a ton of people filling out applications.

The man sitting at the table asked me if I had an application filled out or if I needed one. I told him I had one filled out and handed it to him. He looked it over and asked what I was looking for. I said any form of management. He stated that they promote from within and that I would need open availability to apply for full time anything. He said I would have to start off as an hourly associate. I stated I had been a store manager, assistant store manager and had over 13 years as a retail manager. I laughed at him and said your hourly associate salary wouldn’t even pay my $50,000 vehicle payment. I then thanked him for wasting my time and walked out.

Don’t waste your time with these people! They’re obviously having staffing issues when you see them renting out hotel rooms across the country for hiring conventions. I was truly insulted and irritated that they would waste my time and money with false ads representing interviews that didn’t exist. We had another Manager I worked with leave The Home Depot to only be lied to and quit ALDI in just days. Guess he was right!

District Manager Inter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Applied through school
    On-campus interview with a VP who was really intimidating and all of his questions were very short and to the point. Asked me a bunch of situational managerial questions mixed in with some behavioral.

Two weeks later I got a rejection letter in the mail .

Interview Questions

• You are doing your daily rounds of checking stores but when you get to the last store you realize none of the employees showed up to work. What do you do?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

All in all , the whole process took about 3 weeks starting with a hiring event. After event they tell you to expect a call within a week if they want to move forward with a group interview. Finally, their is a follow up interview with 2 district managers if you receive the phone call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at ALDI'S   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The first interview was quick and simple. The interviewer introduced herself and began asking me questions about my resume. She asked me what interested me about my major and what motivated me. Additionally, she asked who my biggest hero is. I got an email about a second interview within a week.

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

After a brief encounter with the Store Manager at an open interview event, I received a call a few hours later to come back for a full group interview the following week. The next encounter was a complete joke!! I applied to be a Manager in Training, and I have plenty experience to confidently do so. When I went to the group interview, it was obvious that they were only looking for cashiers! Complete bait and switch! Hey Aldi, don't advertise various positions if you really are only looking for bodies to fill the store!

Interview Questions

• What three words would you use to describe the ideal candidate?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Long Beach, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I met Aldi at my school's job and career fair, then I got invited to an information session the next week. I then interviewed with them the same week as the information session.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you overcame an obstacle and had a good outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time there was an obstacle to overcome and it didn't end successfully.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Miami, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website and got an email a few days after the deadline saying I got an interview. You first have to attend a dinner presentation where they tell you about the company and what they look for in candidates.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Center Valley, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Center Valley, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

two interviews. first one very short. the second one was at the divisional office with 20-30 other interviewees. spent more time talking to other students than the actual Aldi employees, but it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.