ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Jun 2018
1,740 Interview Reviews

2.7

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Couple interviews. Came in while there was a hiring event. Interviewed on the spot with the district manager regarding my availability. Got a call back the next day and had a couple other interviews. The first one with district manager, then store manager and then again with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

It was three long interviews, they pry into your team work, and how hard you work. They make it very clear that you will be pushed hard and work very hard. They also want to know that you can delegate very well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you ran your last team and what were the pros and cons.   5 Answers

Store Associate Interview

Interview

I met with the hiring manager and we sat down have a sincere conversation about past work history (even though I didn’t have much in this field of work) but because of my genuine drive to work I got the job

Interview Questions

• What would make you a great candidate for this position   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI (Hamburg, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Easy. The manager asked basic interview questions to get to know you. She went over past experience and education. She really explained the job as she wanted someone who could handle the difficulties of the job.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Quick questions. They seemed quite desperate to hire due to turnover. I believe it was the district manager who conducted the interviews. If they hire you, they will place you in a store near your area or where they need you. You will do training at one of their locations then move to your actual store location after you've complete about a month's worth of training.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about your work ethic and availability. It seemed quite straightforward as they were probably desperate and needed workers. I attended an open hiring event at one of their ALDI locations. When I became part time at a store, I realized they did this event every few months and hired several workers throughout the year due to the quick turnover. I left ALDI's within 7 months.   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I went to a hiring event, they asked me a few basic interview questions that should be pretty easy to answer. They asked if I had any questions. After that they said they would contact me in by the end of Monday if they were interested.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Salisbury, NC (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

First was the hiring event...you wait in line to talk to one of the district managers and hand in the application.The first interview consists of touring the warehouse and asking questions; the second interview was a one-on-one interview with the district managers which lasted 20 mins. The third interview was with another district manager/director which only lasted 10 mins....got the conditional job offer the same day. Came back the following day to fill out paperwork. Was given time to complete the drug test, physical and lift test but you have to complete and pass the background, physical, drug and lift test before getting the official job offer. The lift test was intense so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Aldi?
      Can you lift up to 50 lbs?
      What frustrates you?
      Name 3 things that describe you about this position?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Pre-night to meet the employees and then a first round interview. After a set of questions online, a second round interview on site at Aldi. It was unorganized and definitely challenged you to see how bad you wanted the job.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (Tyler, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

This was for the "job fair" that the Aldi in Tyler, Tx hosted. I went in and tried to introduce myself to the person taking applications and was interrupted by him. He did not let me even say my name. He asked if I wanted to work full-time or part-time and I said part-time since I also am a college student. He then asked if I was working full-time at another job I had listed in the experience box and I said no (I had not worked there in a year). I also tried to give my resume to him along with my application and was told "it wasn't necessary at this time" and to "bring it back if I was called back for an interview". I tried to explain I was not busy all summer or taking any trips and he didn't seem to care. He was extremely rude and short. I was weary about applying for this company since I have heard that they only hire 8-10 people per store. I mean this is for someone to stock groceries not to be the next CEO. I heard about the rigorous interview process from Glassdoor and I think it's ridiculous for a store associate. I think it was a sign this is not the right company for me. I am convinced I did not get called back since I said I only wanted to work part-time.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to work full-time or part-time?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Job fair leads to a phone call for a first round interview if they like you, which leads to an online personality exam which leads to second round interview which leads to third round interview which leads to background check to include your criminal past and drug testing which leads to congratulations you’re hired! If you are what they need in every way from availability to physical stamina, your a shoe in.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.