ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at ALDI

2,248 Interview Reviews

2.7

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I initially applied online to a straight forward application. I was then asked to a Skype interview call with the head of the department. Next, I was asked to an in person group interview.

District Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Flew me out and had three rounds of interviews and a couple written questions. Able to ask any questions I had and really enjoyed the experience. I respect the company a lot!

Interview Questions

• why Aldi? And how does your skill set allow you to be a good leader?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batavia, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Batavia, IL (US)).

Interview

The process is lengthy, has irrelevancy and cold.
    Initially a call from a recruiter, then a panel interview which was good and they asked good behavioral questions relevant to the position. After that, they have you take a long ACT-like assessment test that has many parts completely irrelevant to the job you are applying to ( why not take this before/after the initial recruiter screening? Strange company). You do not see results how you did but if you pass you then go to a 2nd interview with a site tour (why isint a site tour only offered if an offer is extended? Don’t waste people’s time). If you do not pass this somewhat ridiculous assessment that you are not suppose to use even a basic calculator ( everyone has a calculator in this day and age, Aldi, why can’t we use it?), you receive a generic, basic , cold “do not reply” rejection email from the company.
    So after all the weeks you prepare for multiple interview and communication with recruitment, they simply tell you “no” in a generic email like you didn’t even interview to begin. Would not recommend this company as it seems you would be just a robot to them.

Issues Management Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Had a 30-minute phone interview with recruiter. Most of the questions were behavioral questions to see how you handle different situations and challenges. Recruiter asked a series of questions to determine whether the culture (e.g., business professional dress code, set office hours, etc.) would be a good fit. It seems like the culture is definitely more old school than most companies. Telecommuting wasn't mentioned unless you are working after hours to respond to an urgent situation. I received an auto-generated rejection notice within a week after the interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Silver Spring, MD (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

A bunch of people waited by the door for a while. We were taken in groups of around five to tour the store and then to do one-on-one interviews for about 2 minutes each.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coshocton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI (Coshocton, OH (US)).

Interview

First interview was a group. Emailed about 3 weeks later and had interview with store manager. One week later had interview with District Manager. Questions are from DM. Interview didn't last 20minutes.

Interview Questions

• Did I know the hourly rate of pay?
      Why not just stay at my business and work there?
      Why?
      How important were the benefits?
      interviewer stated "he like to know persons finances"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I was lucky enough to know someone who worked there, otherwise the only way to get hired was hiring events. The interview process was a phone call to set an appointment with a handful of questions and the in person part was simple questions that every interviewer asks.

District Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process consists on two rounds: One on campus with a district manager, and the second one in the division office that includes a tour with the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel working with people with more experience than you?   Answer Question

Buying Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

LONG! I had a phone interview and then had to complete assessments. The assessments were Microsoft Word, Excel, a typing test, Math & Reasoning and a Reading Comprehension test. Honestly all of these test were ridiculous. Each were about 30 questions long. It was like I was taking the ACT again. Honestly for the amount they pay and the fact that benefits don't start until 90-days after employment, they shouldn't be able to require assessments that take up to 2 hours long.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Knoxville, TN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I did a quick interview over the phone, which landed me an in person interview. I thought it was fairly easy. The interviewer was a current district manager and was incredibly friendly and helpful. She mostly seemed interested in talking about my past experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate an employee that lacks motivation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.