ALDI Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at ALDI

2.7

Deputy Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England).

Interview

Standard online tests that you see everywhere else. Followed up by a video interview that only gives you 30 seconds from reading a question to providing a response. This in itself isn't so bad, but the fact that I was asked to describe my management style, personal style, favorite employee traits and disliked traits in a 20 second clip is just ridiculous. Perhaps don't put a time limit on responses.

Was invited to a store for what I was told would be a sort of on the job assessment and was told the qualities they're looking for, which perfectly aligned with my current role. I got to the store to find out it was actually a 1 to 1 interview which I was only partly prepared for (obviously was ready for some questioning but not a full blown interview) and then was told despite "ticking all the right boxes" they thought it'd be best to offer me a store assistant role because I have no retail experience.

Safe to say the offer was quickly declined and interviewing manager was given some words of advice.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you've had to talk to a team member about their poor performance   Answer Question

Graduate Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I got through to the video interview stage where I was asked around 5 questions. All pretty standard questions about why the company and competency questions. Make sure you have researched properly and are prepared well.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England).

Interview

Interviews at Aldi (London) and the application process took 2-3 days. Received an email saying i would have a telephone interview due to COVID. Manager called me the next day and we discussed my previous expereince and what my understanding of the role was. When i mentioned i had a university degree he seemed put off as the conversation basically dried up from there. Was told i'd hear back in 5 days but never did - called the store back to be told by a team leader i was unsuccessful and that the manager felt there were other applicants with more expereince (Even though ive worked within 3 different well known High Street brands)

Personally, i think if you have a degree dont apply. They clearly want stupid people who they can boss around.

Interview Questions

• Whats your understanding of the role   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England).

Interview

The interview was very quick. Eight questions with a maximum of 1 minute to answer each question . They allocate 30 seconds to plan your answer with only one take allowed.

If you have a learning disability, I have dyslexia, then make no adequate adjustments to make the process fair.

Stock Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England) in August 2020.

Interview

Not hard, average. Was a bit misleading as there were so many steps and once you are in the Store Experience, they can reject you. The online interview, in person interview was good. Easy. Asked usually questions competency based but the store experience was tough. It was different as because of Covid we weren't allowed to do anything. In the end, there is a memory question and safety questions where you describe what is wrong with the pictures. That bit was annoying.

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England) in July 2020.

Interview

The process includes 5 steps, which is rather long for an entry level position, meaning it takes around 6 weeks from application to final decision. The first interview is with the regional manager so make sure to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England) in July 2020.

Interview

Applied via indeed. Got a link to do an online assessment thing which was pretty straight forward. Then got asked to do a video interview where you get a computer to ask you questions and you have a limited time to answer them and don’t see them prior to recording. Then got invited to a face to face interview... thought it went well to be honest but got the email saying I got rejected. Interview was very very relaxed! But they do not send any feedback after the interview which I think they should do so I know how to improve next time.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe yourself
      2. Describe your educational and employment history
      3. Why did you apply for this job?
      4. What appealed you to apply for Aldi?
      5. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Deputy Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England) in July 2020.

Interview

I completed a thorough online application that were mostly situational based questions, E.G tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. You also did a short aptitude test that contained some maths questions, these were fairly straightforward and you are not times so you can easily look up and check your answers.

I was then invited to a face to face interview but I can't really comment on this as I wasn't really asked any questions. I was overqualified for the role so they were keen to sell me the position and the company. I believe it is a traditional style interview, they seemed very polite and friendly.

Finally you are invited for a store walk around where you meet the store manager and you are shown the types of tasks you will be completing on a day to day basis. I thought this was a nice touch to make sure the job is what you expect it to be.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation at work   Answer Question

Stock Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

Clear, straightforward, all online. First step of the application process included doing aptitude tests online. Passed that and got told to do a video application test next as the second stage of the process. Found that 30-60 seconds of answering the questions were too short and felt that I was either rushing or got cut off. Passed that though and now going to partake a phone interview.

Industrial Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (London, England) in May 2020.

Interview

Firstly, I needed to submit CV and Cover Letter. The next steps were online interview and tests. The interview was about Aldi’s mission, values and products while the tests were about my skills and personality.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.