AO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AO Interview Questions

Updated 15 Nov 2017

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AO (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This interview was fairly easy it was quick and short. During the interview there was no technical questions asked but rather behavorial questions asked. I loved this interview and the interviewer. I was offered a position as a financial analyst.

Video Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AO.

Interview

Applied online. Had a telephone interview with HR with very generic corporate questions. No follow-up from team on if I were successful or not. Interviewer was friendly though.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you want to apply for this position? Tell us about your experience?   Answer Question

Learning and Performance Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in November 2017.

Interview

After reading the impressive reviews on here, I had high expectations..... AO exceeded them!

Small things make a big difference, specifically these were...

• The speed that I was informed that I had got through to the next stage
    • Each stage was clearly explained and I received a follow up call to check that I fully understood the tasks and to ask if I had any questions
    • Everyone involved in the process lived the culture and values, I felt very welcomed and that everyone was setting you up for success
    • When I signed in at reception I was even given an ice cold bottle of water 😃
    • I received really specific feedback

There were 3 stages to my interview

1) Telephone interview
    2) Skype interview which included a 15 min presentation
    3) Facilitate a 30 min session, share ideas, meet the team and a tour of the head office

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions that asked were specific to the role,my previous experience and what value I could add. The questions naturally evolved as opposed to feeling like it was scripted and they were interested in you as a person   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AO in November 2017.

Interview

From start to finish i felt supported by the recruitment team and hiring manager. It made me feel like this was a very different company that i wanted to be part of.

Interview Questions

• How would my children describe me   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Originally I applied for the Supply Chain Coordinator role where I uploaded my CV to the company website, had a telephone interview then an assessment centre. I was not successful for that position but ao.com kept my details and put me forward for the Merchandiser role. As they had seen me before and had my CV on file, I had to come in for an interview to meet the manager of this position and get some more details about the role. Everyone I met from the recruitment team and supply chain team were really friendly and approachable. I have never felt so comfortable in an interview situation before.

Interview Questions

• What do you need to consider when looking at a products stock level and forecasting?   1 Answer

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview split into 2 parts first part a group activity then once I passed that had a one to one interview, which consisted of competency questions. If you revise the answers beforehand you will smash it just say what they want to hear.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AO.

Interview

Very positive. Everyone says they love their job. It was a bit like a sales pitch though which worried me... They shouldn't be selling the job we should be selling ourselves to them.

Interview Questions

• Examples of past experience. How you react in situations.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AO (Crewe, England).

Interview

Good recruitment team, easy process. The interview was great and not very formal. They encourage the candidates to feel comfortable. After the interview i had the chance to see the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time when you made somebody feel happy?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AO (Warrington, North West England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Assessment centre with personality questions. They basically want to know what kind of a person you are. Nothing to do with sales. Rather see if you're a fun bubbly person. Waste of a day in my opinion as it saved them the chance to interview one to one. I thought it was a waste of time and dragged out.

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AO (Warrington, North West England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, informative and genuine. The interview was very relaxed and allowed the interviewee to answer questions calmly and not feel stressed. The interviewers made the process comfortable and did made the process easy throughout

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.