AO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AO Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jun 2018

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AO (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This interview was fairly easy it was quick and short. During the interview there was no technical questions asked but rather behavorial questions asked. I loved this interview and the interviewer. I was offered a position as a financial analyst.

AO Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England) in June 2018.

Interview

I was greeted in receiption, and shown around on the way to a meeting room on the 6th floor, where we were joined by another staff member of AO. Both were friendly, and polite throughout. Firstly we talked a little about AO, and the role I was applying for. Then we went into depth about my work history, and about me as an individual. Likes, dislikes, passions and pass-times. We then had a quick session of pair programming a code-kata (Potter books) which allowed me to share a lot of insights into my thought patterns and reasonings. Lastly we have a questions and answers session from both my point of view, and that of AO's. I was thanked for attending, and was told of the next steps, and that I would be contacted by my agent in the next day or so.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us something (code) you've done in the last couple of years that you are really proud of?   1 Answer

Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AO (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Very professionally & efficiently delivered. All the stages were challenging. Started with theory/written assessment followed by one to one interview then hotwork and finally the driving test. Some were doing driving where other was doing hotwork and the other in one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your friend/colleagues describe you in one word?   Answer Question

Junior 3D Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The experience was very friendly, very nice new facilities and we got to take the interview in a spacious conference room. The environment was very relaxed which put me more at ease, I was offered a drink when I entered and the air conditioning was key on this day as it was very warm.

Interview Questions

• How does one motivate themselves when things get tough?   1 Answer
    • When have you gone out of your way to help someone else?   1 Answer
    • How did you go about planing the test?   1 Answer

Graduate Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in April 2018.

Interview

The process involved an initial telephone interview asking some basic questions about myself and the company, I was then invited for a face to face interview in the Bolton office which lasted around 45 mins. I was then asked to complete a Microsoft excel task and write a report relating to the advertised role and finally, I was invited to present my report in front of some of the commercial team.
    Everyone involved in the interview process was extremely helpful and welcoming, I was made to feel at ease answering the questions.

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in March 2018.

Interview

The first stage was a Telephone interview, which gave a great impression of the company. The questions were typical of this type of interview, i.e. wanting to know more about my experience and my personality. It was clear very that culture is very important to AO from early on. The next stage was to complete a piece of work from a brief, plenty of time was provided to complete this and if i had a question, the recruiter was always on hand to help. Once through to the next stage i was asked to design and deliver a 20 minute session which was delivered to a positive and engaging group, before a final face to face interview with the Head of Training. This was more of a getting to know me as a person conversation and made me feel very comfortable. At each stage I was kept well informed and contacted when promised and promptly. The whole interview process was a positive experience and gave a great impression on what it will be like to work there.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Intimate and fun interview. We was firstly given a presentation on the business and then we introduced ourselves. We then did a group activity and then a one to one interview.

Gas Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham Abbey, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AO (Waltham Abbey, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Meet and greet , sit down gas exam paper, then a face to face with the team, very friendly .
    Also a practical skills test on soldering , then was tested on driving ability on one of the company’s vans

Interview Questions

• When have a gone beyond the normal to help out customer.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in January 2018.

Interview

Contact by them. Did the face to face interview then complete the test. At the face to face interview, they weren’t prepare to challenge or asked any questions. The mangers walked out of the interview twice to answer his phones. After the face interview, they sent me the test to do at home for a week. Kept chasing them for 4 weeks before they said no “we were on holidays that cause the delay getting back to you”. I asked for feedbacks for my personal developments. The HR guy said that my technical test came back really good. Promised to provide details feedback on emails. I chased them a few more emails. Get nothing back.

Interview Questions

• They didn’t ask or challeng anything regarding to code or architect.   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at AO.

Interview

Applied online. Had a telephone interview with HR with very generic corporate questions. No follow-up from team on if I were successful or not. Interviewer was friendly though.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you want to apply for this position? Tell us about your experience?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.