AO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AO Interview Questions

Updated 20 Sep 2018

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AO (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This interview was fairly easy it was quick and short. During the interview there was no technical questions asked but rather behavorial questions asked. I loved this interview and the interviewer. I was offered a position as a financial analyst.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in February 2014.

Interview

2 stages; 1- technical test, 2 - interview
    I applied for a Software Engineer position and they conducted a technical test (code kata) followed by some technical questions. Then the 2nd stage was a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about personal growth plan and what techniques do I use to improve my skill set   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AO (Horwich, England) in February 2015.

Interview

After initial application or approach by internal recruiter there's a phone interview to assess skills and personality. If you're successful this is followed by an open ended technical interview using a code kata approach with a senior developer and manager present along with some questions about technical skill in general. Followed by tour of building. Experience was challenging yet calm.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AO.

Interview

Initial screening by recruiter followed by a brief technical discussion. A second, more detailed discussion was set up, but they didn't call on the scheduled evening and didn't explain afterwards when I asked. No further contact from the company thereafter. Interpreted this as a rejection, but I'm confused and disappointed that they didn't tell me this instead of pretending they were going to call.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult; just specific details requested about what frameworks, technologies and development methodologies I employed.   Answer Question

Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horwich, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Horwich, England) in May 2016.

Interview

3 stage interview which included phone interview, assessment centre and final face-to-face interview. Was good to get shown around the office and meet existing apprentices. The assessment was not too difficult and we were made to feel relaxed throughout the whole afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Task in the assessment centre was to create a tower made from spaghetti and marshmallow.   1 Answer

Installation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AO (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England) in April 2018.

Interview

Very professionally & efficiently delivered. All the stages were challenging. Started with theory/written assessment followed by one to one interview then hotwork and finally the driving test. Some were doing driving where other was doing hotwork and the other in one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• How would your friend/colleagues describe you in one word?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Application, Telephone interview, panel interview, head of service interview. It was difficult as the question were very general. However, i performed well... didn't get thee job as another candidate had experience.

Interview Questions

• Why AO?
      Tell us about you?
      Questions centred around 5principles   1 Answer

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Originally I applied for the Supply Chain Coordinator role where I uploaded my CV to the company website, had a telephone interview then an assessment centre. I was not successful for that position but ao.com kept my details and put me forward for the Merchandiser role. As they had seen me before and had my CV on file, I had to come in for an interview to meet the manager of this position and get some more details about the role. Everyone I met from the recruitment team and supply chain team were really friendly and approachable. I have never felt so comfortable in an interview situation before.

Interview Questions

• What do you need to consider when looking at a products stock level and forecasting?   1 Answer

3D Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially had a phone call with a member from the recruitment team, and was then invited to an interview at the company. Was taken on a tour guide of the company and then met with mangers of the team where the interview took place. Went round the group introducing ourselves to break the ice and then began to talk about what I have done previously and what type of role I would be doing at AO and what type of candidate they were looking for. The interview then went on to just be myself and the member from the recruitment team, who presented me with several competency questions. Overall the interview wasn't too intimidating, I was made to feel at ease and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to AO and how would that be beneficial to us?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lostock, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at AO (Lostock, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted me for an interview after finding my CV online. First process involved an interview with a recruiter over the phone, just questions about your general experience and then you're invited in for a second face to face meeting of you pass their initial scrutiny. Second interview took place at their offices in Lostock, Bolton. This involved covering your competencies, experience and attitude to your work. You will be taken on a tour of the building which is a lovely office but very casual. You may feel out of place if you're used to a professional environment but don't let this phase you.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.