AO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AO Interview Questions

Interviews at AO

2.9

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AO (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This interview was fairly easy it was quick and short. During the interview there was no technical questions asked but rather behavorial questions asked. I loved this interview and the interviewer. I was offered a position as a financial analyst.

Sales Interview

Interview

I got approached on linked in by recruitment and was really happy to have been offered an interview. The interview was virtual and done over zoom. I was told we would have an assessment day where we had 90 seconds to introduce ourselves which was very unorganised. The three managers were unsure how to use zoom so this took some time. Once we had done this there was a presentation about the company, pretty standard procedure. There was time for questions but as the managers were not prepared, everyone was talking over each other and so it was impossible to get a word in.

Following this we had a group task where we were split into two groups. There was 6 in each group and we were asked to rank some questions in order or importance. There is no debate around this, they are clearly looking for the ‘right’ answers. We presented to the managers with reasonings and were rudely told ‘nope not right, you’re wrong’, they clearly lost interest as they were on their phones texting the entire time, one of them even decided to eat his lunch on camera which again, completely unprofessional. When we had finished the task we asked to know which the ‘correct’ questions were, we weren’t allowed to know, they became very defensive and angry that we thought we were right and they left the breakout room.

Once this was done and both groups had presented, we were split into successful and unsuccessful, I was then told today wouldn’t go any further and if we wanted any feedback to go to the person who recruited us. After this I contacted Matt and asked for feedback from the day- I heard nothing. So I emailed him and also messaged him again on linked in two days later and he removed me as a connection and didn’t reply to any of my messages.

Quite frankly I don’t think they cared at all and weren’t bothered, the fact they became angry and aggressive when asking for feedback on the day and being so uninterested in any of us speaks a lot about the company.

I read similar reviews of the interviews before mine and thought maybe this wouldn’t be the case- I was wrong.

This was for the Manchester office and Crewe office.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was brilliant and effective. First it starts with a role play of a scenario. Then a close look/ run-through of your CV.
    The. You would talk about yourself(hobbies,interests) and then finally answer questions such as “what would you do if this happened” ect..

Interview Questions

• What’s your proudest achievement in my career to date.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England) in June 2020.

Interview

MS Team interview, the interview was done 1:1 over MS Teams.
    Team leader interviewed me, told me about the company and had my CV to go through. Went through technologies used and what I have used which matched what the company uses. Interview lasted around 50 minutes and I was comfortable through out.
    Was told interview would be discussed with development manager and they would decide between themselves who to offer job to.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telford, England

Application

I interviewed at AO (Telford, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Interview involved zoom call with 2 senior members, good interview, general discussion about experience etc. But they don’t get back to you to even say you didn’t get the job, I think this is very rude.

Graduate Commercial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in June 2020.

Interview

The process was done via Skype and Microsoft teams due to the current situation.

The whole process ran smoothly and was really effective.

It started off with the team finding more out about me, who I was both personally and professionally and why I was looking to find a role at AO. From this the main questions were based around AO’s core principles of Be Fun, Be Bold, Be Driven, Be Smart and We Care.

The interview was more like a chat rather than an interrogation which I really enjoyed as they really wanted to get to know who I was.

Interview Questions

• In group situations (e.g., group projects at university), how have you shown that you care?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Preston, North West England, England) in May 2020.

Interview

Was an unusual experience as it was completed on zoom due to lockdown, but I enjoyed the role play and a few of the interview questions really got me thinking. I wanted to come across as professional and bubbly as possible due to not having the face to face contact

Interview Questions

• What has been your toughest period in sales and how did you overcome this?   1 Answer

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AO (Manchester, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Easy!! Felt very at home immediately, Jess was amazing & she shown me around all floors and gave me a true insight to the business. I then had my role play interview and continued the teat of the interview. Very professional!

Interview Questions

• How would I feel being on the phones after managing for so long.   1 Answer

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AO (London, England).

Interview

A telephone interview followed by an invitation to an assessment day, assessment day was split into two parts consisting of a group activity and if you were successful a one on one interview. Before the group activity we all had to go around the room and say what our degree was in and what was our drivers, senior members of staff sat in the room with us but barely gave us an introduction and looked very uninterested in the process. During the group activity we were given a list of statements and questions that we had to choose to say to a customer regarding the protection packages that were offered. When we were relaying this back to the senior management they would be looking at each other like we were speaking a different language, yawning, and one was in their phone. We were then asked what the brief was and told we didnt follow the brief at all. They were very rude and blunt which could have been a tactic to throw us off and provoke a reasoning behind our choise but even then i believe it was the wrong decision to make. They made us feel very small and insignificant. After this activity we were then split into two groups, one being the group that got the one to one interview and one being the group that had to leave. We were told we werent progressing further and were told to leave, but were also told if we wanted to we could feel free to apply again (as if anyone would put them through that kind of behaviour a second time) we were then paraded past the group that did get the second interview and a floor full of staff, it was very humiliating. They were very accommodating to the applicants who were progressing but then rudely dumped the rest of us out of the building without so much as telling us any feedback.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial screening call to find out more about me and tell me more about AO. I was then invited in for an interview with the lead front end development manager and a lead developer. This consisted of a sit down chat then a pair programming exercise.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions related to their company values and previous experience   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.