AO Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AO Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2017

2.7

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at AO (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

This interview was fairly easy it was quick and short. During the interview there was no technical questions asked but rather behavorial questions asked. I loved this interview and the interviewer. I was offered a position as a financial analyst.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Originally I applied for the Supply Chain Coordinator role where I uploaded my CV to the company website, had a telephone interview then an assessment centre. I was not successful for that position but ao.com kept my details and put me forward for the Merchandiser role. As they had seen me before and had my CV on file, I had to come in for an interview to meet the manager of this position and get some more details about the role. Everyone I met from the recruitment team and supply chain team were really friendly and approachable. I have never felt so comfortable in an interview situation before.

Interview Questions

• What do you need to consider when looking at a products stock level and forecasting?   1 Answer

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview split into 2 parts first part a group activity then once I passed that had a one to one interview, which consisted of competency questions. If you revise the answers beforehand you will smash it just say what they want to hear.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AO.

Interview

Very positive. Everyone says they love their job. It was a bit like a sales pitch though which worried me... They shouldn't be selling the job we should be selling ourselves to them.

Interview Questions

• Examples of past experience. How you react in situations.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AO (Crewe, England).

Interview

Good recruitment team, easy process. The interview was great and not very formal. They encourage the candidates to feel comfortable. After the interview i had the chance to see the warehouse.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time when you made somebody feel happy?   1 Answer

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at AO (Warrington, North West England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, informative and genuine. The interview was very relaxed and allowed the interviewee to answer questions calmly and not feel stressed. The interviewers made the process comfortable and did made the process easy throughout

Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying for the job, I was invited to complete a telephone interview and then invited to an Assessment Center which included a group interview and a face-to-face interview. The whole process was fun, friendly, and professional but relaxed. They made everyone feel welcome & comfortable and made the whole process really enjoyable.
    An AO interview isn't like any other you'll go for :)

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AO (Wilmslow, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I had my interview via Pareto and it was organised very well. The process allowed you to interact with other graduates and was overall a very fun process. There is 2 group interviews where you work together as a team. Then you are asked to give a short presentation about yourself.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at AO (Warrington, North West England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Assessment centre with personality questions. They basically want to know what kind of a person you are. Nothing to do with sales. Rather see if you're a fun bubbly person. Waste of a day in my opinion as it saved them the chance to interview one to one. I thought it was a waste of time and dragged out.

Internal Communications Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at AO (Bolton, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was quite lengthy. After sending cover letter & CV, I was invited to hold a telephone interview, then a task was set, and finally a face-to-face interview at head office in Bolton, which included a tour of the office. There was a minimum of 3-4 weeks before I heard back about the telephone interview, then, a week between each of the next stages. I think it is important for employers to appreciate how my time and effort goes into preparing for each individual stage of interview. In my experience the process sped up after the telephone stage, which was positive.

Interview Questions

• Task was to provide a detailed plan of communications leading up to the AO Christmas party. this was discussed during interview.   Answer Question
    • How would you feel if an internal or external steak holder disagreed with your ideas or the way in which you plan to communicate said ideas. How would you manage the feedback.   Answer Question
    • How would you go about making senior management excited for the Christmas party event.   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritise your workload.   Answer Question
    • How would your communications differ when dealing with sales staff to senior management.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.