AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AT&T Retail Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at AT&T

2.7

Retail Sale Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Austin, TX (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with hiring manager. They set up a one on one interview at main office with one HR manager. She set up a meeting with manager at store and went well. A few days later I was hired. Very easy!!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for AT&T

Retail Sale Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenfield, WI (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Greenfield, WI (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

lengthy, well worth it

Interview Questions

• When was a time where you had to sway the opinion of your client   1 Answer

Negotiation

didn't negotiate.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AT&T (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Was invited to compete a virtual interview. Was invited to have an in person interview with the manager of the location I applied for. The process of interviewing was fairly quick. However I did not hear anything until weeks later, after the manager said I would hear from her or HR/Talent the following week.
    Inappropriate (and illegal?) questions were asked, including was I married, do I have kids. Which I understand she wanted to determine if I was going to be a dedicated employee which would have best been determined by asking question about my actual work history, which they did not seem interested in.
    This line of questioning even turned to an inappropriate comment about my dogs (do you have dogs was a question asked), when the manager said I got my puppy because my older dog would be dying soon.
    I was also asked if I was going to school, which I am not, though am considering to do so in the future, but I didn't feel comfortable saying so as again, I could see her intentions in asking this question. Which left me disappointed as I know other Att employee who is taking advantage of tuition assistance and I was looking forward to possibly using this benefit as well. This spoke volumes about the culture of ATT, at least at this particular store.
    Lastly, both interviewing managers over shared that they often call each other crying asking why are we doing this, is this where we are supposed to be as they get yelled at everyday, pressure is extreme, etc.
    As a seasoned retail veteran I would also suggest that the job descriptions included the actual shift you are applying for, since I learned at interview that as a new hire you will be working only closing shifts, and be working every single Friday Saturday Sunday, literally no weekend days off, as opposed to falsely advertising a "rotating" schedule, which in my experience has been more common and conducive to work life balance.
    I did not receive an offer. Since I am qualified and was asked discriminating questions ( and did not let on that I was uncomfortable with their questions during the interview, I can only guess as to why I was not offered a position.
    I did not follow up, as I considered the culture to be contrary to what I was looking for, though I was very excited about the chance of working for ATT before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you try to find another position with your last employer when your position was eliminated?   1 Answer
    • Why did you go into a sales position from a store management position   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at AT&T (Fort Wayne, IN (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Very Brief but very quick to get to the next steps when you are qualified. Also, asked for situations that are very blanket questions that every employer asks when getting to know a new potential hire.

Interview Questions

• Role play a scenario where I had to teach a person something   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nash, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Nash, TN (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a three part interview. Two phone and one in person. The first over the phone interview is essentially a screening of your background. The next is with a manager. The last is in person

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AT&T in March 2018.

Interview

you take a test then if you pass you get to give interview responses then the decide if they will continue or not. if not then they will send you an email saying your not a match

Interview Questions

• do you like helping others with new technology   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Morgantown, WV (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Many questions about selling experience. Even if you don’t have any, a good personality will go a long way. They’re mainly looking for people who can hold a conversation to find out if you would be a “good fit”.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you used sales at your last place of enployment.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then online interview then in person interview. Wear something professional and have references and sales numbers available. They want previous sales experience; Customer service skills alone will not cut it.

Interview Questions

• Name something that you have overcome in the past   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AT&T (Gainesville, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Apply. Receive an email about making interview video. Do a 10 question interview video. Receive an email about phone interview. Do a phone interview asked to teach the interviewer something. Interviewer asks if you're available to meet the store manager and interview. Do store manager interview. They extend an offer or don't.

Interview Questions

• Know that they'll only offer $12.79 an hour. AT&T has unionized employees. You can't negotiate. They have set increases, so you'll still be making less than $15 in 3 years. Also, I was offered wayyyy less than what was discussed in the interview, so I wouldn't trust the commission money they said you'll get because you only get that cash IF you hit all your metrics/quotas, which only around 40% actually. Glassdoor doesn't offer a space to explain why you declined their offer.   2 Answers

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at AT&T (Warner Robins, GA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was long but it was worth it. There are three interviews before you know the results. You have a phone interview, an iPad interview in store and an interview with store management.

Interview Questions

• What were you looking for with applying for this position   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.