Abbott Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abbott Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott

2.9

Field Clinical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abbott (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I was given 3 days notice to attend an interview in the Austin office from out of town. There was 0 flexibility in the interview date. After taking off work and making last minute travel arrangements, I attended the interview. Afterwards, I sent thank you emails and followed up, but never heard back from them. If this is any indication of how employees are treated at Abbott, I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my experience and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott in July 2020.

Interview

Interview process took a little over 1 week...First is a phone interview with HR Talent Acquistion Partner, Second is with your potential supervisor and 3rd/Final interview was a video interview (due to COVID-19). Overall the process was seamless, quick and easy. No issues at all.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is one difficult situation you were in and how did you handle/resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Abbott?   Answer Question
    • How many days off/call outs without prior notice do you think is appropriate per year?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in July 2020.

Interview

I had a call with a recruiter which was easy and went well. Next I interviewed with the hiring manager. The hiring manager was ten minutes late to our thirty minute interview, talked the entire time, asked me no questions, concluded by telling me her next steps are to have me interview with three others on her team, and then present a marketing plan to the team. I then got the rejection email 7 days later. I assume I was asking too high of a salary and they had a good applicant of pools. It was still bizarre and made me feel like I didn't really get a chance since I wasn't asked anything and the hiring manager dominated the conversation.

I was torn inside anyway because I've heard very bad things about the culture at Abbott. That's the salary it would have taken for me to make the move. I was excited about the opportunity though. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Quality Engineer (Consultant) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott (San Diego, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Unfocused. Did not appear they could project what skill set was needed for the job. Did not appear to understand the basics of the position they were asking to fill.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a written summary, in addition to interview, of how to perform the basic job (and this from a person with more than 20 years experience).   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

I met with the manager and another engineer. It was very relaxed as we just discussed my resume and what I could bring to the company. They were very easy to talk to and encouraged me to be more confident with my skills.

Senior Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott (Dallas, TX (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Spoke with an internal recruiter over the phone for 30 minutes. Typical interview questions and requirements for the job. Reviewed how previous experience would apply to this role. Overall a good interview

Interview Questions

• How familiar am I with a Bill of Materials?   1 Answer

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in June 2020.

Interview

The process involved me answering a total of 6 questions. Four of these were questions about me, and how I imagined myself a good fit for the company. The last two were essay questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Lengthy, took awhile. Had 2 phone interviews. First interview with hiring company, second interview with HR. Then had in person interview with Recruiter. Interview took over an hour and they went over my entire resume and previous work history. Sales situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous difficult situations and how you managed them   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in May 2020.

Interview

Applied online and invited to interview on HireVue, recorded and answered prompt questions. Invited to do 2 more interviews with team members that were by video, not in person. The interview process took close 1 month with responses back to continue to the next step approx every 7 days.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in April 2020.

Interview

It was a lot of standard "how do you react to this situation" questions. While the questions dug further than I anticipated, the interviewers were friendly and maintained a relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you provide feedback to a member of your team?   Answer Question