Abbott Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abbott Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott

2.9

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott in November 2019.

Interview

Initially was contacted via email by my future boss to schedule a 30-min phone-interview. After the initial 1-1 interview, I emailed examples of my CAD work to my interviewer and awaited follow up. A week or so later another phone interview was scheduled, this time with a panel of engineers (those who I would work with if hired) for another 30-min phone interview. 1-2 weeks later I got another phone call from my future-boss with good news that I was hired and an offer letter was extended via email.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of projects you have completed that involved technical writing?   Answer Question

Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Basic behavioral questions that you would receive in any engineering internship interview. Grilled me on the projects that I put down on my resume to make sure I truly participated and understood everything I put on there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you completed a project that you didn't get your way.
      Name a time you worked in a team and there was a conflict.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - Cybersecurity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abbott (Westford, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

30 Minutes call with Hiring Manager followed by 6 on-site interviews. Recruiters were the worst. They do not respond to emails for more than 1 month. Worst experience ever! I had to e-mail them for 3-4 times for any question.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Internal recruiter contacted me about a week later to schedule a call with the hiring manager. Conducted a short (about 30 minute) phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Was contacted the following day to schedule video interview with 8 people, which consisted of 2-2.5 hour video interviews each across 2 days. All the interviews all went great. Everyone was very personable and each interview was very conversational and comfortable. Everyone I met with stated what a great fit I would be for the position and the team. I sent a thank you email immediately after all the interviews ended and received a very positive response, but after that I was completely ghosted. I attempted to follow up with a couple emails sent a couple weeks apart, but received no response. After over a month I finally called the internal recruiter, who seemed very annoyed with my call. She did finally respond a few days later that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. While I appreciate a company who promotes from within, there is no excuse to complete ghost a candidate who spent a lot of time and energy to go through their interview process.

Advice to Abbott - your candidates deserve follow up after their investment of time and energy to go through the interview process. It is unprofessional to not at least send a generic thanks but no thanks email after a lengthy interview process.

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott in November 2019.

Interview

Short phone screen, main concerns were how to spell my middle name and what I have been doing since I left my old company. Interviewer was less than impressed that I have been working on my PhD since I left my last company.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing since you left your previous position in June 2019?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen interview was 30 minutes. They spent most of the time explaining the product and position. It felt like they were looking for some one for more experience and with biotech background. She asked for a lot of specific skills that many entry-level people would not have.

Compliance Analyst Interview

Interview

Good, it was short did not get far in the process. They asked your average questions. It was a panel interview. Good, it was short did not get far in the process. They asked your average questions. It was a panel interview.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out, who forwarded my details to a hiring manager. Also applied online. Got a call from the manager, and then had an onsite interview with approximately 5 managers.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

There were three separate interviews with three different people/groups of people. The interviews were back to back to back. Each interview consisted of personality/behavior questions, followed by questions about background and experiences. The final part of each interview involved some kind of problem solving or thinking on your feet. There was a second round of interviews that I declined to participate in because I decided I know longer wanted a coop that would delay graduation.

Interview Questions

• Go up to the whiteboard and teach me something as if I were 5 years old and had no prior knowledge. You have 2 minutes to prepare.   Answer Question
    • How would you design a camera for a blind person?   Answer Question
    • Go up to the whiteboard and draw a free body diagram showing the forces acting on a fish underwater.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied via email sent to me by my college's career advisor. I was emailed back a week later asking if I had time the next day for a thirty minute phone interview. I was not told that there would be five employees on the call, but there were. Each employee asked a question.

Interview Questions

• Outside of the classroom, what makes you an engineer? Tell me something that you're working on that would impress me as an engineer.   Answer Question