Abbott Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abbott Laboratories Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott Laboratories

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories.

Interview

I only did a 15 minute HireVue that actually ended up being 10 minutes and was contacted within a week for a offer. Didn't end up accepting because didn't align with my future career interests.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Lake Forest, IL (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process from the beginning was a mess. The recruiter rescheduled a phone interview 3 times after blowing me off twice and then was late. They asked some follow up questions on skills, which were not part of the job description and the requirement to the job, but received no feedback on. After several days, I was asked to come for an onsite interview with less than 2 days notice, which I was not available for. We were finally able to schedule something, at which a last minute addition was added to the agenda, extending the interview to 3 hours, however the final agenda was not given to me until almost 10pm the night before. When I arrived there was an additional person brought in unexpectedly and the list of individuals was shifted around. My final personal was running late and they came in to tell me I could either wait 30 minutes or come back on Monday, which unfortunately would be difficult given I did not have a calendar to confirm any availability. It was suggested that I wait, which I did and I was left to sit in a room by myself. The HR person came back and did not know that this happened, went to check on timing and came back and said it would likely be another 30 minutes (which at this point would have been 1 hour I was left to wait). I was able to schedule to come back the next week, which the finalized request was received at 10:45pm the night before and before I even arrived for the interview the person I was told to ask for was changed 3 times. Upon arrival, the person I was to meet was on the phone and I was asked to sit in a chair in an open work area, which he came out 20 minutes later to meet with me for a whole 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There questions were very limited to why I was looking for a new opportunity, experience with volumes of data and basic tell me your experience. Other than that it was more talking on their part of what they were looking for and challenges in the job.   Answer Question

Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Basic behavioral questions that you would receive in any engineering internship interview. Grilled me on the projects that I put down on my resume to make sure I truly participated and understood everything I put on there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you completed a project that you didn't get your way.
      Name a time you worked in a team and there was a conflict.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Internal recruiter contacted me about a week later to schedule a call with the hiring manager. Conducted a short (about 30 minute) phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Was contacted the following day to schedule video interview with 8 people, which consisted of 2-2.5 hour video interviews each across 2 days. All the interviews all went great. Everyone was very personable and each interview was very conversational and comfortable. Everyone I met with stated what a great fit I would be for the position and the team. I sent a thank you email immediately after all the interviews ended and received a very positive response, but after that I was completely ghosted. I attempted to follow up with a couple emails sent a couple weeks apart, but received no response. After over a month I finally called the internal recruiter, who seemed very annoyed with my call. She did finally respond a few days later that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. While I appreciate a company who promotes from within, there is no excuse to complete ghost a candidate who spent a lot of time and energy to go through their interview process.

Advice to Abbott - your candidates deserve follow up after their investment of time and energy to go through the interview process. It is unprofessional to not at least send a generic thanks but no thanks email after a lengthy interview process.

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories in November 2019.

Interview

Short phone screen, main concerns were how to spell my middle name and what I have been doing since I left my old company. Interviewer was less than impressed that I have been working on my PhD since I left my last company.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing since you left your previous position in June 2019?   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone Screen interview was 30 minutes. They spent most of the time explaining the product and position. It felt like they were looking for some one for more experience and with biotech background. She asked for a lot of specific skills that many entry-level people would not have.

Software Engineer - Cybersecurity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Westford, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

30 Minutes call with Hiring Manager followed by 6 on-site interviews. Recruiters were the worst. They do not respond to emails for more than 1 month. Worst experience ever! I had to e-mail them for 3-4 times for any question.

Lab Tech Junior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

I got connected and set up an interview through through US Tech Solutions Inc. I had a 45 minute in person, on site interview and heard a response later that same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced disappointment or a failure in school or in work.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I received an email saying the position I applied for had been filled, but there was another contract for the same position. I emailed them back to let them know I was still interested. We set up a phone interview for the following morning.

Interview Questions

• General questions about your experience and your interests.   Answer Question

Clinical Associate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories in September 2019.

Interview

The recruiter came to my university and gave a presentation on the company and the positions available. Right after, everyone who was interested talked to her for about 5 minutes to explain why they wanted to work for Abbott. I didn't know how I felt about her attitude during this part, but I still ended up landing the first interview.
    The interview was the next day, and it went okay. There weren't any technical questions, just why you wanted this job, why you chose your major, etc. She was kind of rude and unprofessional during a lot of it, and even lectured me about how I shouldn't move across the country without family or something being there. Not sure how that related to the job at hand? I had a friend who also got an interview and she was told by the recruiter that she shouldn't be ambitious because it's "very hard" to move up in the company. I left the interview feeling very dejected and weird because it was not a normal interview experience given the fact that I had been lectured over where I want to live. I know male students who moved on, but most female students also had negative experiences.
    Obviously did not get the next interview, but if you did it was the next week. I'm not sure how the process went on from there.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.