Abbott Laboratories Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abbott Laboratories Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott Laboratories

3.2

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Portland, OR (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

I was recommended by a recruiter. I met the hiring manager for about an hour and I was selected to meet with the Regional Manger. I was flown down to LA for my second interview and I was hired shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with my offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Laboratories

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Rochelle, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (New Rochelle, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Met with territory manager, then regional manager. Went through a head hunter. Took about a month. I went to training in Ohio for about three weeks. They paid for almost everything and the training was excellent. I really felt like I knew the product after the three weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty straight forward. Why do you want to be a sales rep? Tell us about yourself and where you see yourself in five years..   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Canton, OH (US)) in March 2007.

Interview

The interview process with Abbott was very organized and moved very quickly. A friend of mine had me apply to the position and within a couple days of applying the District Manager called me and we had a phone interview at that time. We then set up a meeting place for the next day for a one on one interview. We met at a local restaraunt and conducted the interview there, the Distric Manager was very professional and helped make the interview more comfortable by offering a beverage or food before we started. He then went into some detail about how the interview would work; he would ask questions and was looking for my answers to be as specific as possible and at the end of the interview he would go into more detail about the position and give me an opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to sell an idea to a colleague or a boss. What was the sitution and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Tucson, AZ (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very informal. Took place in a hotel room which seemed like a bad idea.
    Basically, "Sell me this pen' and other typical interview questions designed to make people sweat and lose their cool. Interview was approx 30 minutes.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Bohemia, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

First there was a Phone Interview with the Recruiter, We spoke about 30 minutes. Then a Digital Interview, where i had to log in to a website and record my answers to 5 interview questions. Then I was called for an in-person interview with the hiring manager, and the hiring manager's manager.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

SMART interview questions to experiences. How did you handle a time when you disagreed with your manager. How did you acheive your biggest success. how did you handle your peers. what would your friends say about you

Interview Questions

• what was your biggest success   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. no negotiation

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

Hired after top candidate did not pass RM interview. Phone screen, several interviews with District Manager and one other DM, then RM interview (1). Follow up was key and is why I was selected over 2 other candidates whom had MBA. Be hungry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you made a mistake   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base salary and bonus were set prior to the interviews.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories in February 2009.

Interview

Hiring process was phone screen, f2f with Regional Manager. Compared to similar companies, Interview was very unstructured and very easy. RM was very "old school" and didn't seem to even care as long as he filled open positions. Total interview time for f2f was less than half hour.

Interview Questions

• Why did you get laid off at last company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they started low, I negotiated up $10k on salary.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview, full day assessment that was composed of 5 presentations including 2 group exercise, 1000 candidates, 120 interviewed, 30 was chosen for the full day assessment, and there were 2 vacancies

Interview Questions

• it was more of a situation based questions   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories in January 2011.

Interview

This answer is in response to my former employer, I hired on 20 years ago, based on an ad in the paper for a "cattle call". Over 200 potential candidates looking for employment. I received offer 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a pharmaceutical rep?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.