Abbott Laboratories Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abbott Laboratories Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott Laboratories

2.8

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories in April 2017.

Interview

Three round of interview including an onsite interview with the team and a guided tour of the facility. I was waiting for 6 weeks and then was informed the position was canceled.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Laboratories

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Carlsbad, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial HR phone screening interview with standard experience questions: you'll go through your resume and ensure you meet the minimum qualifications per the job description. If you do not fit the job description to a tee, you will not pass this step--i.e. if it requires a PhD and you have a MS + 20 years of research experience you still will not pass.

Interview day: depending on your anticipated role, you may or may not be asked to give a research talk (45 min. presentation, 15 min Q&A). You will be notified of this well in advance.

You will meet with 4-5 individual interviewers during the day. No group interviews will be held (from what I know). The panel selected will certainly include your direct supervisor, most likely his/her superior, and one or two members of varying rank in the research group. Everyone will ask questions about your research experience. Some may be more technical than others. Some will stick mostly to culture questions/ask you things to get a better feel for your personality. Just be yourself! The interviews were very relaxed and the people here are extremely friendly. Everyone seems to want to know you as a person first--your skills and experience they can tell more readily through your education, work experience and job references, and seem to be less of a concern on interview day.

Good luck! Abbott is a great company!!

Interview Questions

• Not that it was "difficult" per se, but as I was interviewing for a temporary position, I did not anticipate being asked about my "5 year plan" for my future. I felt I stumbled here, but was honest in that I did not look that far ahead due to the nature of the position, and said that my hope was that the contract would be converted into a full-time hire.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Worcester, MA (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

HR process was not very good - 6 months to respond to application and 5 week interview process yet only given 1 week to respond to offer! No time provided to allow for family to visit the new city or consider impact of doing an out-of-state relocation.

Interview Questions

The salary did not meet my requirements.

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories.

Interview

Two part, three-panel interview consisting of schedulers, scientists, and managers. One in person interview, no phone interview. It was a very positive experience, I liked the people their and the Abbott Park campus.

Interview Questions

• What is time you thought out of the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Worcester, MA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

I first got a call from HR and they scheduled a time and date for the interview. I then had a telephonic conversation with the HR representative which lasted for around 30mins. It was a behavioural interview which comprised of normal questions like cite an example of leadership or tell us how you came up with your own idea of trouble shooting something or what sort of a position you are looking for. Then I got a call one week later to interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager did not ask me that many questions. He was friendly just wanted to know about my technical skills and what research projects i was working on. It was totally a technical interview. Then he said they will call me for an onsite but I have not heard back from them,

Interview Questions

• cite an example where you came up with something new or a solution.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longford, Co. Longford (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Longford, Co. Longford (Ireland)) in February 2019.

Interview

I had a Phone screening followed by site interview in Longford. Interview was for 1 and half hour ( 30 min with each person). Interview with 2 person was great, asked technical questions and competancy best question. However, one interviewer was not trying to listen my answers and trying to show off. I believe at least people who take interview should respect and be nice to the candidate if they call us for interview. Overall my experience in the interview as average.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.