Abbott Laboratories Technical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abbott Laboratories Technical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott Laboratories

3.6

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

First there was a phone interview followed up with a face to face interview which taken the entire day. I was interviewed by several people. After two weeks of the interview process, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What are your strenghts and weakness? How do you manage difficult people?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was much more than I expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott Laboratories

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2018.

Interview

Phone Screening followed by Group/panel interview with Manager/Team Leader level employees. About sixty minutes per panel member, 3 members. Competency based elements, STAR useful. Skills/knowledge also tested. Familiarity with procedures examined.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest achievements in your previous roles?   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)).

Interview

There was a total of 4 interviews with the fifth one being the determining one with the presentation I had to give and all the questions were behavioral. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to and what she was saying matched the positive notes of what others had said on here. She avoided the negative :)

Interview Questions

• I was asked if there was a member of my team that wasn't working well what would I do? I said I'd have a talk with them and if they still weren't cooperating I would either do the job myself or outsource the services until i could figure out what was going on.

This is the thing, in Sweden if someone is under permanent employment (ie over 6 months employment and has been offered a permanent contract) then it is very difficult to fire them. Even if I could fire said person I would first figure out why they were acting this way before taking action so it was obvious she didn't like my reply out I would outsource until further notice but I did not explain the legal procedure either.

The interviewer did not know how to use Google Calendar either. She booked an appointment and everything was done via phone up until that point since she was calling me from the US to Sweden but she put a location in Sweden at the time so I thought she had moved up the face to face interview and to top it off she had asked for a PowerPoint presentation the day before and on 3 different topics so as you can imagine, I didn't sleep that night. I ran over the next day to the location and no one was there. I panicked and called her but no answer. She called me 15 minutes after to say it was just a phone interview and quickly changed that on the calendar as soon as we closed the phone. She did apologize for the mishap and since she did have a previous issue with Google it wasn't an issue.

She ended the conversation with her saying, ''I look forward to meeting you next week'', and was awfully friendly. Two days later she emailed me canceling the final interview and said I didn't have the technical or clinical experience. I would have appreciated some real feedback as opposed to the generic answer just to see if I could improve.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories.

Interview

Interview by video link. Interviewer was ten minutes late and dishevelled/hungover looking. Proceeded to ask me a lot of quick fire questions and not listen to my answers. Unable to understand even basic scientific and engineering principles and terminology. Midway through interview, she started messing with her hair. Implied that I hadn't read the job description (I had) and then proceeded to give me a completely different job description. Very obvious she hadn't looked at my resume or my salary expectations and towards end of interview announced the job was for a salary far lower than I'm currently on. As a final insult, she then announced that not only was I unsuccessfull in that interview, my application for other positions within the company would also be 'reviewed'. No explanation given for her unprofessional manner, I remained calm and polite through the whole process but my irritation probably came though at the end. Very poor

Interview Questions

• Example of a crisis in your job.   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longford, Co. Longford (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott Laboratories (Longford, Co. Longford (Ireland)) in July 2019.

Interview

I had an interview for Technical Specialists role at Abbott Longford. It was face to face meeting with Technical managers and Product manager team long for 1 hr. Interview was based on competency and technical questions and how you can work in team and handle stress situations. I did really well in interview but unfortunately they said we are looking for Phd qualified candidates. So, I was not successful at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time when you work in pressure and faced challenges?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.