Abt Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abt Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Abt Associates

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Lengthy interview process - takes about 4-5 hours. The difficulty level depends solely on the specific group that is hiring. Could be hard, could be very easy. The interview involved half an hour segments with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was pretty informal for the informational interview. The interview with higher management was good, but they asked tough questions. Probably wanted to see how I could think on my feet and form an answer to a difficult question.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a Minister of Finance in order to convince them to devote more resources to health.   3 Answers

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, based on glassdoor and discussions with colleagues in the industry. I was in a strong negotiating position because I wasn't looking for a job.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online at the beginning of December and was asked to do an in-person interview at the end of January. The interview was about an hour long and pretty straightforward. The two members of the team I interviewed with were very nice, encouraging, and responsive to my answers.

After my interview, I sent a follow-up thank you note to my Recruiter to thank her and pass along a note to my interviewers. No response. After a couple of weeks, I followed up again with my Recruiter to check on the progress of my application. Again, I received no response. I found this lack of response really unprofessional after investing time and money to come in, especially since I was very excited about the opportunity and the organization. It was disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Let's go through your resume and describe to me some of your experiences that qualify you for this particular role.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

I received an initial e-mail to setup a panel interview and it ended up being my only interview. I interviewed with 3 directors of a team. Directors were extremely personable and genuinely want to get to know you. They were very open to answering all my questions regarding their work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience in project management.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you planned something and it backfired.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I went through a series of interviews, first by the HR screener, then the people I'd be working with in the department, and its head. The whole thing lasted a few weeks, I was unfamiliar with them prior to applying; however, I asked around at the start of the process and really liked what I heard. 4 separate interviews, two on location on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for this position, and why at Abt?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abt Associates in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to a position posted on Abt's website that I found out about through a friend. I applied for the position and was interviewed by my future manager as well as a member of HR. Two rounds of interviews, followed by contact from HR with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• I have forgotten at this point. I don't remember any trick questions being asked. All pretty straightforward. They did have me meet with every member of the team on the second interview to discuss what they're doing and how I might be able to assist.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't do much negotiation, it was my first job out of school. I did review salaries on LinkedIn and feel I was given a competitive first offer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Bethesda, MD (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we set up an interview 3 weeks into the future at their office. I videoconferenced with 4 employees and had 1 in-person interview over a span of 3 hours. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and laid back, which comforted me (probably a bit too much now that I think of it). A majority of the time the employees described the culture of the organization and their day to day processes. When they did ask questions, it was simple behavioral questions and experience straight from my resume. Every employee mentioned at least one time that they were impressed with the experiences I had described and thought it was admirable I had worked multiple internships while in graduate school. I got a semi-verbal offer before I left my final interview, but when I followed up a week later, I was told that the hiring team felt as if my skills did not match this position. I was really upset that I did not get this position, it seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to get a Ph.D? Why did you choose the writing sample you did?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

First round is four individual interviews, it takes several hours, and is not very efficient. Each person asks the same questions - would make sense to do this in a panel interview. Everyone is incredibly charming and intelligent. Nobody with the exception of the HR person responds to emails. The HR person will talk your ear off, but is not very helpful when it comes down to the details.

Interview Questions

• If we gave you a 100 page report and asked you to summarize it overnight, what would your process be? I found this to be a strange and vague question.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed three times on separate occasions - received great feedback from office VP and US Health VP, only to be told they wouldn't be hiring for another two months. Kept following-up via email, and when I inquired about when decisions would be made I never received an email back. The office atmosphere was moderately welcoming and quite stark. I would not recommend any one to apply for this company after they wasted my time, and essentially led me on for months. My main concern is why invite candidates back for consecutive interviews (especially with execs) when you are not hiring?

Interview Questions

• No questions were extremely difficult, as they all pertained to past experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Abt Associates (Cambridge, MA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online, after being referred to the position through an alum who presented at my school. Got call back within a day or two. No phone screen, just straight to the onsite interview with 5 people. The coordination of this interview took a while. These 5 people were all very weird, and I am not just saying this. One did not smile, the other was extremely spacey. I got the feeling that these people were quite fake. The HR lady met me before everyone else, and said that "she is so glad she found me, and that they are pretty sure this is going to be the final interview"...and apparently said the exact same thing to my friend as well !?!? LOL
    Anyway, so the interviewers were all uninspiring. I was an obvious bad fit culturally, so I didn't get the offer. No tears shed on my end.

Interview Questions

• How did you design the survey?
      Walk me through your research.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.