Acorn Stairlifts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Acorn Stairlifts

1.9

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

One on one interview. They basically want to see what type person you are. It was very laid back, the intervier was really cool and was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• If a customer called wanting to speak to management, what would you do   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Orlando, FL (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview with Ginger in Recruiting
    Person to Person Interview with Joe and Ray
    Background check - only for criminal; did not do a reference check.
    Offered the position rather quickly due to they needed assistance in the department. I accepted the position because I needed a job. Now I regret it. There is no real training - only a few days and only learned about the company. Have to sit with others to learn the system; the QA girl I originally sat with was let go right after I started, so there has not really been anyone around to help me. I wouldn't recommend anyone to come here. I'm already looking for another job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They pay low for QA because they offer "commission" based on sales. Commission is not guaranteed

Annual Inspection Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

First:
    Go to the website,careers, apply

Second:
    You call them and tell them that you just submitted an application.

Third: they'll call you back if interested.

Fourth:
    They set up an interview.

Fifth;
    They set up a group interview and you split up depending on your department.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Acorn?
      What are your sales expierence?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Annual Inspection Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Orlando, FL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Simple and short process. You are interviewed for all positions by all managers related to your field. First fill out application for hire. Then based off their availability with recruitment you may even interview the same day or better even hired. Once your hired they will setup for orientation and training. Then, once at orientation you receive your own personal Acorn coffee and water cups, company tee shirts and more.

IT Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Steeton, England) in January 2016.

Interview

Worse interview ever had. Person didn't ask any relevant questions really. The 2nd interview was even worse which was held via Skype by someone in another country and talked more about irelevant things than about the job

Interview Questions

• Asked if i knew what a computer was   1 Answer
    • Do you like stairlifts   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Steeton, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Relaxed, friendly, more of a chat. People were friendly and informative, and a member of HR was present. Did not feel overly stressful and although I didn't get the initial role, I was offered a different position based on my skills. I applied online, received an email, then a phone call, was invited in for interview within a few days. Received a call back the next day to advise I hadn't gotten the job, but was offered to come in again the ebxt day to interview for a different position.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Leeds, England) in January 2015.

Interview

extremely short telephone interview. not at all challenging. Gave me the impression they were employing like a sausage factory. Interviewer was boring mundane and monotonous.

Probably the worst interviewer I have come across.

Interview Questions

• What post codes can you cover?   1 Answer

After the interview I heard from someone else who had done this position and advu=ised me to steer clear.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Birmingham, England) in August 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview first with hr then face to face with another engineer who had never conducted an interview before. He did not know about how holidays work over the Christmas period as he never works them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record.   1 Answer

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Steeton, England) in October 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted for a telephone interview. After that I was asked to completed an application form and send this back by email. Finally I was contacted back to have a face-to-face interview with the manager for this role.

Interview Questions

• My skills & experience, motivation for this role, some examples, etc.   Answer Question

Export Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Steeton, England) in January 2009.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone call in order to arrange an interview. At interview stage both the line manager and sales manager were present. They were amicable and I did feel at ease. As much as you can be at interview stage really. The first impression of the company was good and professional. However, once in, I realised I did not fit the company.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked whether I wanted to quickly progress within the company. At that stage in the process I felt this was a leading question as they wanted someone that would do the job for a while.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offer of you can stay at home.