Acorn Stairlifts Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Acorn Stairlifts

1.8

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Leeds, England) in January 2015.

Interview

extremely short telephone interview. not at all challenging. Gave me the impression they were employing like a sausage factory. Interviewer was boring mundane and monotonous.

Probably the worst interviewer I have come across.

Interview Questions

• What post codes can you cover?   1 Answer

After the interview I heard from someone else who had done this position and advu=ised me to steer clear.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Steeton, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Over the phone then face to face at head office. Was with a manager and recruitment manager. Interview went well and felt at ease the whole time. Was called back the same day with a job offer.

Human Resources Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Steeton, England) in October 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted for a telephone interview. After that I was asked to completed an application form and send this back by email. Finally I was contacted back to have a face-to-face interview with the manager for this role.

Interview Questions

• My skills & experience, motivation for this role, some examples, etc.   Answer Question

Export Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

One interview with sales manager and one other non management person. easy questions....I asked specific questions with respect to management style and culture. Was given a vague answer.

Negotiation

They proved to me that the commissions that you can make by providing previous commission reports. This was the only reason I accepted.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Birmingham, England) in August 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview first with hr then face to face with another engineer who had never conducted an interview before. He did not know about how holidays work over the Christmas period as he never works them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a criminal record.   1 Answer

Export Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Steeton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Acorn Stairlifts (Steeton, England) in January 2009.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone call in order to arrange an interview. At interview stage both the line manager and sales manager were present. They were amicable and I did feel at ease. As much as you can be at interview stage really. The first impression of the company was good and professional. However, once in, I realised I did not fit the company.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions asked whether I wanted to quickly progress within the company. At that stage in the process I felt this was a leading question as they wanted someone that would do the job for a while.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take the offer of you can stay at home.