AirWatch Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AirWatch Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

2.7

PSO Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AirWatch.

Interview

I applied online, and then received a screening call from the university talent recruiter. This was followed by an interview in person with the hiring manager. It was not too rigorous.

Interview Questions

• They gave me an on paper scenario to discern, some technical thinking involved to answer.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at AirWatch (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal Recruiter. We had a phone meeting for one hour. She set me up for a HackerRank exercise... first red flag.

The exercise was not complex per se. They didn't even use a well documented exercise from HackerRank, but they wrote their own and the description of the problem was simply poor.

*Aside from that, here is my take on this HackerRanks' tests and Senior Engineers.*

When you are interviewing a SENIOR -that you can actually verify that has a career history with companies that are a megatrillion times bigger than your own company- please, show more respect and skip these stupid online tests.

We SENIOR engineers DO NOT CARE (and this is specifically to whoever Millennial came up with this test because I can't think of a seasoned engineer using such a process) about solving your "fancy" gotcha exercise. We DO NOT CARE about how fast I can solve your "puzzle". That is not what software engineering is all about. Speed is not what makes you a GREAT developer. You got it all wrong. If that's what you're looking for, a speedy Gonzales developer that just came out of college then I see why THD is dumping your product like rotten tomatoes. I highly question your process because making an assessment of a SENIOR engineer out of two questions is a recipe for disaster.

No wonder why you were awarded "Best Workplace for Millennials", which you flaunt like a badge of honor -it's quite the opposite. I question the leadership of this company allowing inexperienced egocentric individuals -Millennials- trying to show off by coming up with "puzzles" for a SENIOR position. Pitiful.

Stop this nonsense. That's not how you get great developers. That's not what Software development is about. Have people in Atlanta come to your office and spend time with them pair programming, talking to them, etc. This whole HackerRank is hurting your organization. What? Are your Millennials too good to spend time with future candidates?

By the way, I am in my 30s, I am not a 60 years old developer on a rant.

Interview Questions

• 1. Find duplicate files in a folder
      2. Display time on the screen as a digital clock   2 Answers

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at AirWatch (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview took 3 weeks. I interviewed in the Atlanta office.

It was a 2 hours interview. I met with one of the corworker and he asked me all the technical questions. he was very nice. Then I met with the manager, she was very nice.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot technical questions.   1 Answer

Horrible Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AirWatch (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone call within a few days. Talked with the recruiter about the position and expressed my interest. Phone screening followed by two interviews. Phone interview with a manager, and attempts to go through your information and background. The third interview was on site. I was told that total of 6 interviewers and a total of 6-7 hours for an interview. The most horrible job interview ever! Half of the people did not interview me, including the manager. What type of professionalism is this?? I expected professionalism and people’s skills towards candidates. So disappointed when I left. I had to take a day off from work for this interview since I was told is going to take an entire day. They (interviewers) don't even know the company well nor company’s core values.

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AirWatch (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

2 rounds basic questions related to OOPs, SQL, linked lists, array search and sort, networking. The recruiter is really timely and process is fast. On site round to show around the office and then one technical and one meeting with manager to discuss the kind of project and internship goals.

Intern Interview

Interview

I had applied through campus recruiting, I was sent a coding test which was fairly easy followed by an interview at my university. I was then called on-site to their Atlanta office. Wasn't offered a role though. The others called onsite with me did get an offer. It looked like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• Given an array filled with just 0s and 1s, rearrange it such that all 0s are in the beginning and then followed by all 1s.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AirWatch.

Interview

I freely admit I didn't get far in the process. However, I'm the type of person to do thorough research before even taking the time to submit an application. Hopefully, someone will benefit from this information.

I read the two sentence job description and felt it described my experience. I assumed that the lack of additional information/requirements meant AirWatch/vmware was welcoming to applicants of various skill sets, offering the opportunity for the right person to learn on the job.

I submitted my resume on the vmware website. Less than 24 hours later, I received an email from a recruiter in Central America. The email stated, "I have narrowed down the pool of applicants and now I need some additional information." In the moment, I thought this meant they had looked at my work experience and skills section and felt I was qualified.

The email asked me to respond to five questions. Only one made me feel uneasy. It requested a detailed description of my experience with several technologies and functionalities. Some were fine, but some were technologies I had little to no experience (i.e. not listed on my resume). I answered honestly but with a spin to emphasize my aptitude and desire to learn.

The email also requested a day/time to be contacted. That request made me more certain that the information about technologies was simply an assessment question.

Boy, was I wrong! In retrospect, the narrowing of the pool was probably a cursory check to make sure I submitted a resume and not a recipe for beef stew. And all of the technologies/functionalities listed were, in fact, non-negotiable requirements for the job. It's unfortunate these were left out of the job description. I wouldn't have submitted my resume had I known.

For the record, Implementation Consultants need the following skills/experience:
    - Software/Application Support and Development
    - Experience with Coding
    - Network Troubleshooting
    - Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
    - Server configuration (Windows and Linux)
    - Airwatch or other MDM technologies

Interview Questions

• What has been your participation in up-to-date hands on activities on the following fields:
      - Software/Application Support and Development
      - Experience with Coding
      - Network Troubleshooting
      - Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange
      - Server configuration (Windows and Linux)
      - Airwatch or other MDM technologies   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at AirWatch (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

This was my second interview with the security team, overall not impressed, and felt I was disrespected during interview by an over zealous and rude director. I think anyone considering working for the security team who has had an overbearing or micromanaging director should be wary of working for this team.

I called the recruiter and turned the position down immediately after the interview.
    If I did not get it, I'm glad as I ended up with higher pay elsewhere with a reasonable director.

Andy and Nick are great guys, and any interview with them is a pleasure.

The director however, entered on his cellphone carrying out a call during my interview, interrupting to ask largely inane questions, and bearing judgement in probably the rudest fashion. Clearly a narcissistic leader.

Interview Questions

• Are you an A player, we only hire A players   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with the software development lifecycle   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AirWatch (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I interview at Airwatch, Atlanta. The on-campus interview was algorithmic questions with no coding at all. The onsite interview involved one group interview and one individual interview. The interviewer didn't pay attention to me at all when I answer the question. The question was pretty straigth-forward and easy.

Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AirWatch (Atlanta, GA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

There was an initial interview by a technical person which included a technical scenario for you to try to solve. Tech person was joined by team leader, and they asked me to present my case (it was a Harvard Business Review Case that bore some relevance to the job). Finally the team leader asked more general questions trying to get some idea of what kind of person you are (outside interests). There was a role play where he played customers and you were supposed to pretend you were the Tech Services manager. I found this difficult because I could hardly provide support to a person without knowing quite a bit more about his installation and my own organization's capabilites. It was kind of annoying.

After all that, not a callback or any message from recruiter or HR. Very disappointing and unprofessional. The employee who referred me kept asking me if I had heard back. Eventually he informed me he was training the person who was hired. Again, very disappointed in how they behaved. I did well during the interview. There was no reason to just blow me off and not respond.

Interview Questions

• The Role Play was the most difficult part.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.