Akzo Nobel Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Akzo Nobel Worldwide Interview Questions

Interviews at Akzo Nobel Worldwide

2.9

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Super simple, the person that did the interview didn't really seem to know what he was talking about. Overall, it took about 20 minutes, if that. He told me I received the job before I left.

Interview Questions

• If I had ever worked in a manufacturing field before   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Interview

Extremely disorganized, person I was scheduled to talk to had to cancel without notifying me twice. I wasted 15 minutes waiting until someone had the courtesy to notify me.

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Nashville, TN (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Skype style interview. The interviewer did not have a position available at the time of interview. The interview was a waste of time for both parties. An email cancellation would have been preferable.

Engineering Manager (Columbus, OH) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide (Columbus, OH (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The job was posted approximately 11/1/2018. I applied 11/6/2018. Job was reposted 11/26/2018. I was contacted by a talent acquisition advisor the first week of December 2018. 30 min phone call with typical format: describe position, 2 - 3 simple behavioral based questions, then try to get salary expectations. During the third week of December I was told the hiring manage wants a phone screen. This was scheduled for the first week of January 2019. The phone by the hiring manager was similar to the talent acquisition advisor but more laid back. More of conversation. A few days later I was invited for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview lasted about 1.5 hours. The interview consisted of the site manager, the production manger, the continuous improvement manager, and the outgoing engineering and maintenance manager. The interview consisted of behavioral based questions based on Akzo's four guiding principles. Wrapped up with a tour.

Now, by this time I had invested 1 hour in application, two hours in phone screens, several hours driving to and from interview, and the actual in person interview.

I NEVER HEARD BACK AFTER THE ONSITE INTERVIEW. GHOSTED. OK, you don't think I am good fit. No problem. Just have the courtesy to send a form letter thanking me for my time and that you are moving on. No problem.

Akzo also did not ask me about my travel expenses to and from the interview. I had to write to their recruiter and HR about four times to get a response. I had to follow up as many times just to get an acknowledgement. This was very unprofessional. Colleagues asked me "would you really want to work for company that can't follow-up on anything?"

Interview Questions

• There were several behavioral based questions that they wanted answered in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result) based on Akzo's four principles:

- Customer focus;
      -Deliver on commitment;
      -Passion for excellence; and
      -Winning together.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

1. First phone interview is with the HR staff .
    2. Second phone interview is with the direct manager.
    3. After a week, I got the phone call from the HR staff saying that the manager stated that I was not selected with no reasons giving. To be honest, I am okay with that. However, what really makes me pissed is that I had two phone calls with their HR staff and she made me wait every time. The first interview was delayed more than 10 minutes due to her meeting with her manager; The second phone call was delayed more than 50 minutes due to her meeting with her manager again. I think it's very unprofessional and they definitely don't know how to respect the candidate's time...I would never apply for this company job again !

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR specialist at Akzo Nobel. Answered the screen questions related to position. Phone interviews with HR manager and Director in department were two weeks later.

Rotation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

There's 3-4 rounds of interview. 2 telephone interviews then i think the rest are onsite. Can't remember all the specifics. The first round was very relaxed. HR calls you to ask general questions about you and your interest then provide info on the position.

Interview Questions

• What was your take back from your internship?
      What are the top 3 things you look for in employer?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

Simply put, it never happened. HR reached out to me to schedule a phone interview and COMPLETELY flaked on our scheduled call -- no call later/no email/no contact at all explaining such a bizarre course of action. Far and away the most unprofessional situation I've ever encountered during an interview process.

Interview Questions

• N/A. The HR representative flaked on our scheduled call.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

The interview process was over the phone. I wasn't particularly prepared for the interview because I only took the interview for practice. Most of the questions demanded an example. 'Think of a time when...?' 'When did you demonstrate...?

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Akzo Nobel Worldwide.

Interview

It took several months for them to start the interview process with a phone call from Recruitment department from someone in Europe from the time I submitted the application. After a 30 minute telephone interview with recruitment, there were 2 other interviewers who were on the call and asked me questions that were not technical or behavioral based. Another 3 months passed and I got a call from someone in the local facility to come in for a face to face interview. This interview went very well. They offered me a job that I declined.

Interview Questions

• Describe your biggest accomplishment   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.