Aldermore Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Aldermore Bank Interview Questions

Interviews at Aldermore Bank

2.9

Management Level Position Interview

Interview

Interactions with HR recruitment team members and interview with a member of senior management. HR recruitment's verbal description of the role did not completely reflect management's view of the role, and this became evident at interview.

Collections Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester, England) in September 2020.

Interview

I had a video interview through Teams with two managers, one from collections and another from training. They asked me technical based questions around my experience. We then went through a role play of a call where I asjed situational based questions and provided a resolution. I then was asked question in relation to their values and times where I may have displayed behaviours accordingly. In total the interview was 1 hour and 30 mins approximately.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you were faced with a customer who would not come round to your way of thinking, how did you approach this.   1 Answer

Senior Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester, England) in March 2020.

Interview

Overall, good experience interviewing at this organisation. Seems to have a great understanding of what they are doing and their vision. Requires some modelling and programming experience in order to be successful.

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

After three telephone interviews and two questionnaires I was told I would be contacted the following week with feedback on the interview and any information about next steps. The following week I saw the same job advertised on other job boards yet no one had had the courtesy to give me an update. After three weeks and numerous emails, to the hr rep who had initially contacted me, requesting an update on what was happening I was totally ignored and disregarded. Doesn’t bode well for what it must be like to actually work for the company - they are totally disrespectful of people’s time and effort, extremely unprofessional and all in all the experience was extremely disheartening. I would not recommend anyone to apply here at all, they could run a bath let alone a professional application process. I can understand why they have so many roles currently available and such bad reviews they have a total lack of decency. Avoid at all costs!

Assistant Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Initial telephone screening followed by two in person meetings. A blend of personality, knowledge and motivations. Second meeting focussed more on working style and a couple of competency questions, but was a very nice blend of informal fact finding.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to work?
      Difficult customers and how to respond
      Prioritisation   Answer Question

HR Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester City Centre, England) in June 2019.

Interview

The process was in three stages - initial telephone screening followed by two face-to-face interviews. The hiring managers were friendly and knowledgeable. The first interview was a competency based and the final one performance based following a personality test. They gave me a clear explanation about the role and the company.

The only negative remark is the time they took to send feedback. I didn't receive any feedback following the final round which is disappointing given the positive experience I got from meeting the hiring managers.

Overall it is a good interview process. I would suggest adding more performance based questions for any similar roles in the future and making sure that candidates receive feedback on a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage communication/liaison with senior stakeholders?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Reading, England) in November 2018.

Interview

It was a 3 stage process:

Telephone interview with the recruitment agency - just the usual questions like what do you know about Aldermore (had to remember and think on my feet but he was impressed with the responses!)
    Telephone interview with one of the team
    Face to face interview the hiring manager and a member of the team - included a task on requirements and processes and some questions about how I approach stakeholders and changes in scope and requirements. It was a really relaxing chat and had an informal feel but I think that was also down to the hiring manager and the other person in the interview. The hiring manager was very approachable, down to earth and not intimidating at all. It was a genuine 2 way process and I felt comfortable having an honest and open discussion about what I was looking for and we found common ground. Definitely better than the competency based nonsense I have had elsewhere - won't be sticking around in any future interviews if they aren't as relaxed as this - it's a benchmark. Dunno whether the interview approach was the hiring manager or the organisation - the hiring manager I think.

Really happy with the process. It felt like a genuine 2 way conversation throughout all the stages and they were efficient and quick - unlike other organisations who I have interviewed with over the past few months - now I have a benchmark to compare their ineptitude against.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team and what do you want to get out of it?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Manchester, England) in November 2018.

Interview

Telephone interview about personal motivations then 2nd interview going through cv and then competence based questions then personality test using SHL. Was striclty limited to one hour. Interviewers were distracted

Interview Questions

• When did a communication not go as well as you would have liked   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmslow, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank (Wilmslow, England) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very strange. One interviewer repeatedly swore throughout the interview which I found to be very unprofessional. It's one things for colleagues to casually swear amongst each other but it's a massive red flag if it's happening several times during an interview process. The interviewer kept asking vague questions, knowing that I'm a recent graduate with no industry experience, and getting frustrated when I didn't have the answer. The role itself was explained with some degree of depth but it felt like the interviewer was trying very hard to sell it as a 'boring job' which came off odd as well.

Definitely one to avoid for me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldermore Bank in October 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview which started with a description of the role. We then went through my CV, and questions were asked on what I did during previous jobs. Only the most recent CV entries were discussed, and in particular those which most closely matched the job role.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with someone in a meeting who was clearly a subject matter expert and who wanted to talk at length about technical issues. How would I keep the meeting agenda under this circumstance.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.