Aldo Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Aldo Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Aldo

1.6

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aldo (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

When I first walked into the aldo accessory store in queens center mall, the store manager happened to be there. We had a brief conversation and left her my resume and application. She called me back for an interview which was held outside the store. It was like a casual conversation all about me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aldo

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aldo (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

I was told I had an interview with the manager a few days after I'd walked in to ask. It's a tiny boutique, by the way.

The interview was casual and informal, held during her shift away from the floor.

At the end of the interview she also mentioned that because it's a small store she needs a cashier that will oversee the floor when she's away, so she needs who is kinda like a manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at this particular store?   1 Answer
    • What skills could you bring to this job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aldo in June 2011.

Interview

Went in for a group interview where everyone shared information about themselves. The hiring manager would ask questions and you would have to jump in and answer. We were also asked to give a sales pitch about anything in the store to the manager.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aldo (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I walked into an Aldo and recognized an acquaintance working there. It was my first time in the store and she excitedly showed me some of her favorite things and raved about the job. We were young and getting 50% cute shoes and accessories was pretty exciting. I told her I'd like to apply and she introduced me to the manager. I don't think I applied prior to the interview--I may have done it after. The interview took place in the malls food court. The manager asked me about my availability, desired hours, and what my favorite fashion magazine was. The whole process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were asked. The most unexpected was the magazine question but if you are the type of person who likes to keep up with trends then your should know a few magazines/blogs/tv shows that cover fashion news.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay is minimum wage and pretty much non-negotiable.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Aldo (New York, NY (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

There is a group interview if your style is on point when you give in your application. This company is big on appearances so if you dont look the part, dont even hand it in

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dont settle for less.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aldo (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Simple. I met with the manager in the stock room and he asked me the standard questions. Manager was friendly and made me feel comfortable. He also had me choose a pair of shoes and accessories that I could envision my favorite celeb in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a past leadership experience you were involved in/   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aldo (London, England) in April 2012.

Interview

Handed in my CV, it was very well received. Helpful staff. Call received a day later than promised, but interview offered. The interview process was very informal, casual and quick. Almost seemed unprofessional. Staff were very friendly and welcoming though.

Interview Questions

• Which position would you like of the two: cashier/sales assistant?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, which came as a surprise. But it was nice to have a say and management were fair and clear about how to grow/gain a raise.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.